May 07, 2016
Jun 19, 2016
Jul 15, 2016
AUEEE Counselling FAQ
1) What are the Engineering courses offered at Annamalai University?
The Faculty of Engineering and Technology , known as FEAT, offers nine departments of Engineering courses at Annamalai University. These are :-
- Civil Engineering
- Civil & Structural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering.
2) How are the admissions allotted to the candidates?
Admission to the Annamalai University programs are allotted to the candidates according to the marks obtained in the relevant subjects in the Higher Secondary or Qualifying exam with the weightage of marks 200 (based on the marks obtained in the prescribed subjects reduced to 200: Mathematics – 100 and Physics and Chemistry- 100) and in the entrance examination with a weightage of 100 marks. A merit list is prepared on the basis of a total of 200 marks. In case two or more students score same marks, then the merit among such students is determined in the given order of priority:
- Marks percentage in Mathematics
- Marks percentage in Physics
- Marks percentage in fourth optional subject
- Date of birth of the candidate, here the elder candidate is given the preference
- Random number assigned, here the higher value is given the preference.
3) What are the Domicile requirements for appearing into AUEEE?
The Domicile requirements for appearing into AUEEE are:
- The candidate must be an Indian Citizen
- The candidate passing their VIII, IX, X, XI,XII Std in Tamilnadu are eligible to appear for AUEEE.
- The Tamilnadu native candidates, passing any of the VIII, IX, X, XI, XII Std or their equivalent examination outside Tamilnadu are eligible.
- Children of Central Government employees may apply for admission through AUEEE if their parents or guardians have been serving in Tamilnadu continuously for past five years.
4) What is the counseling procedure for admission to the Annamalai University in engineering programs?
The candidates are called for counseling according to the merit of the candidate. The admission to a particular course depends upon the availability of seats in a branch. Separate counseling is held for the candidates not belonging to Tamilnadu and is conducted only after the counseling for Tamilnadu state candidates is over. The counseling schedule is provided on the official website of the university.
5) When was the Annamalai University established?
The Annamalai University was established in the year 1929. The Faculty of Engineering and Technology, also known as FEAT, was established in the year 1945.
6) What are the other faculties that the Annamalai University is associated?
The Annamalai University is associated with various faculties such as Arts, Education, Medicine, Engineering and Technology, Agriculture and Fine Arts.
7) Are there any other programs offered in the Engineering department at Annamalai University?
The Faculty of Engineering and Technology, known as FEAT, offers Bachelor degree as well as Master and Doctoral programs. It also offers Diploma and Certificate programs in selected fields.
8) Is the University involved in the training and placement of the candidates passing out of the University?
The University has a separate Training and Placement cell for faculty of Engineering and Technology. The cell has eminent features:
- It arranges In-Plant training for students
- It arranges placements of the pre final students through campus interviews
- The cell also supports abroad placements
- The cell arranges the training programs on soft skills for the students.
9) Does Annamalai University offer Hostel Accommodation?
Annamalai University offers an adequate hostel facility within the campus.