Aurora's Management Aptitude Test AMAT (PGDM) (AMAT - 2016)
Mar 01, 2016
Apr 24, 2016
May 01, 2016
May 15, 2016
AMAT Counselling FAQ
1) What is the desired length of work experience you wish to see in candidates?
Aurora’s Business School insists on work experience only for PGDM (Executive) program and PGDM (Part Time) program. Suitable candidates will have the ability to demonstrate strength in our admission process regardless of the number of years of their work experience. However, the suitable work experience is an asset and will help you in understanding the intricacies of the business.
2) What constitutes the suitable work experience?
Suitable work experience includes opportunities in which students have been able to develop their professional and leadership skills.
3) Are there specific types of work experience that will make me a more attractive candidate?
The college does not focus on a specific area of work experience but emphasizes on the roles, responsibility and the learning from their employment. The Admissions Committee will look at the quality of the applicant's work experience during evaluation.
4) What are the dates for GD and Personal Interview ?
The GD and Personal Interviews are usually conducted till the closing date of admission.
5) What should I expect during my GD and Personal Interview ?
- Your GD would last for 15 minutes and the Personal Interview will last for approximately 10 minutes
- The focus of GD would be on contemporary topics
- The objective of Personal Interview to elicit information further to the application and find your suitability as a candidate as per admission requirements set by the Admissions Committee
6) How can I best prepare for GD and Personal Interview?
The purpose of the GD and Personal Interview is to evaluate the student. Students are encouraged to relax and be ready to talk about themselves. You are advised to be very attentive, maintain eye contact with the Interviewer; and speak with a clear and audible voice.
7) Will Aurora’s Business School provide feedback to the students who have been rejected?
If contacted, the Admissions Counselor would be able to provide the appropriate reasons for rejection of your application.
8) How long can I defer my acceptance of admission?
Candidates who are selected need to pay the admission fee of Rs. 40,000 within two weeks from the date of notification of selection. Delaying payment of fee will automatically lead to cancellation of the admissions offer made.
9) What is the estimated cost of the program?
Specific details of the course fee can be obtained from Admission Counselor and also from the brochure of the Aurora’s Business School.
10) Will I get a bank loan?
Aurora’s Business School facilitates to arrange bank loans of the course fee, through any nationalized bank, which offers educational loan.
11) Will I get scholarships / funding from Aurora’s Business School for the course?
Meritorious and deserving candidates are awarded scholarships on applying to the Aurora’s Business School Scholarships Committee.
12) Which bodies recognize the PGDM Diploma offered by Aurora’s Business School ?
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of HRD, Government of India have approved the Post Graduate Diploma in Management offered by Aurora’s Business School. The corporate sector not only recognizes but also highly values the PGDM offered by Aurora’s Business School.
13) What are the extracurricular activities available?
Aurora’s Business School encourages participation of students in a large number of co-curricular activities apart from sports and games. Details of these can be had from the student's activities section in the Aurora’s Business School website.
14) Does Aurora’s Business School have hostel facility?
Aurora’s Business School facilitates hostel accommodation both for boys and girls separately. Further information can be had from the Admissions Counselor.
15) How is a PGDM course different from an MBA course?
Technically, an MBA (Master of Business Administration) program is offered by University/Deemed University or its affiliated colleges. PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) is offered by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education), Government of India approved B-Schools. Both are equivalent and are considered as Post Graduate level courses but PGDM is relatively more industry oriented. You can apply for a research grant or further studies in India or abroad based on these certifications.
AICTE approval gives that authenticity to the program in terms of infrastructure, faculty strength, research, placements, and many other factors that ensure quality education. One must be careful with the term PGDM, as there are some B-Schools in India that offer PGDM even though they do not have AICTE approval. You are advised to refrain from joining such B’ Schools unless they are reputed for quality education. By means of your own research, you may find out that AICTE approved B’Schools. PGDMs are more adaptable to market conditions as they don't have a legacy of a university system that treats all Post Graduate courses more or less in a similar manner.
All IIMs and many premier institutes including Aurora’s Business School are AICTE approved. The quality of these institutes is vouched by their superior placement track record.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place