Jan 29, 2017
May 22, 2017
May 28, 2017
Jun 26, 2017
BHU-PET MBA 2017 - Counselling Updates
Banaras Hindu University (BHU) conducts Postgraduate Entrance Examination (PET) for the admission to Master of Business Administration (MBA) course. The details related to selection procedure and counselling process are given below.
Selection Procedure: -
- The admission will be allocated to the candidates only if he/she satisfies the eligibility requirements as well qualify in the entrance examination.
- The candidates will be shortlisted based on the merit, i.e., the marks they secure in BHU-PET as well as the availability of seats in the particular course and rules and regulations framed by the varsity.
- The candidates must note that the admission process begins only after the declaration of PET results.
- The admissions will be conducted by Admission Committee of MBA department.
- The candidates will be issued an Electronic Call Letter indicating them to attend for the counselling.
- After issuing Electronic Call Letters, the candidates have to visit the official website of the varsity and download the Call Latter for counselling.
- The information related to the issue of call letters will be notified to candidates’ official e-mail Id or registered mobile number.
- Hence, the candidates have to provide correct e-mail Id and mobile number.
- The candidates must note that there is no provision of postal dispatch of call letter and the candidates must download them only from the official website.
- In some cases, the candidates may not receive e-mail or message regarding the issue of call letters. Hence, it is advisable for the candidates to visit the official website of varsity regularly after the declaration of results.
Counselling Procedure: -
The counselling procedure is completely computerised, and the procedure involves the below-mentioned steps: -
Step 1: -
- The first phase of the counselling process is Online Preference Entry.
- The candidates who are called for the counselling must fill up an online preference entry form.
- The form is available on the Candidates' segment of Entrance Test Portal, i.e., the official website of BHU.
- The candidates can fill the form only after receiving the password.
- Later, the candidates can access ‘Preference Option’ where the candidates who want to opt for more than one course as per merit or rank
- The candidates will also have the choice to opt for more than one location if the course is offered in affiliated colleges other than university.
- The candidates will be later directed to ‘Seat type’, here the candidates have to choose either regular fee seat or paid seat. If the regular seats are full, the candidates will have to opt for paid seat only.
- The candidates must note that while filling the online preference form, they should not leave any column blank.
- However, if the candidates want to make changes in online preference form, they can make changes during the counselling process only after the verification of certificates.
- The second step is the activity that takes place during the time of counselling.
- The candidates have to reach the counselling centre on time as mentioned in the call letter.
- The candidates have to mark their attendance by signing on the attendance sheet in the presence of Counselling Centre Incharge.
- Later, the candidates have to meet the concerned teachers and discuss with them about the availability of seats in the course, fee structure and location.
- After confirming the preference and seat by the candidate, the computer will allocate the seat automatically basing on merit in the entrance test as well as seats available.
- The candidates belonging to reserved category must not be that if he/she is called for counselling along with General Category, his/her seat will remain intact.
- After the seat allotment, the candidates have to pay the fees as soon as he/she receives the provisional admission letter.
- The candidates can pay the fee online by using debit/credit card or net banking.
- The candidates can also pay the fee through the fee counters.
- It is advisable for the candidates to check the nearest fee counter at the counselling venue or centre.
Step 3: -
- The third step is the activity that takes place a day after the counselling.
- The candidates who have paid the fee have to submit the fee receipt at the counselling centre by 4:00 PM.
- The candidates need not submit the receipt if they paid fees in the online mode.
- The candidates who have paid fees in the fee counters have to submit the receipt.