Jan 28, 2017
May 14, 2017
Jun 05, 2017
BHU PET Master of Personnel Management and Industrial Relations 2017 - Counselling Updates
Banaras Hindu University conducts Admission Test for Master of Personnel Management and Industrial Relations programme. Here is the detailed information about the selection procedure and counselling process.
Selection Procedure: -
- The admission of your in a course will be done only when you satisfies all the eligibility requirements, appears in the PET, qualifies in the Entrance Test and completes all formalities required for admission in the course.
- The admissions shall be made strictly on the basis of merit index in the PET, availability of seats in the course, as per rules given in this Information Bulletin and rules framed by the University from time to time.
- The admission process will begin after the declaration of PET results. The admission will be done by the Admission Committees of the respective departments.The concerned Head of the Department/Coordinator will issue electronic call letters to you for Counseling.
- As soon as the electronic call letters are issued, the shortlisted students may ‘Login’ on the Student’s segment of the Entrance Test Portal for downloading the call letter.
- Information on issue of Call Letter will be sent to the you on your registered e-mail ids/ mobile numbers. Therefore you are advised to give correct e-mail addresses/mobile number for correspondence.
- You may also note that there will be no postal dispatch of call letter. The number of call letters will be nearly two-four times the number of seats available in the course. Admission is based strictly on merit index obtained in the Entrance Test.
NOTE: Sometimes there may be technical reasons for non-delivery of e-mails/SMS to you, therefore, you are advised to visit BHU’s Entrance Test Portal everyday after the entrance test results have been declared to have detailed information on counselling schedule, downloading call letters, offer of admission payment of fee etc.
The University will adopt computerised counseling procedure for admissions to various courses during the academic session.The counseling procedure will involve following steps:
STEP 1: Online Preference Entry (on or after issue of Call Letter and before the Counselling Date):-
- You will be called for counseling for the admission to a Course shall be required to fill up an online Preference Entry Form which will be available and active on the on the Student’s segment of the Entrance Test Portal for online preference entry after you have received the password. In the Preference Entry Form, a you are required to give your preference of the following:
- Choice of Course:-This preference option is available only if admission to more than one course is done based on merit index/rank obtained in a Common Test [some of the PG programmes].
- Preference of location [Faculty/Department on the Main Campus or RGSC or Affiliated Colleges]:-This preference option is available only if a course runs at more than one location.
- Seat Type:- Whether you wants the seats with regular fee only or you are willing to take admission in Paid Seat if the regular fee seats are full. This preference option is not available for Special Courses of Study and certain other regular/professional programmes.
- Give your order of preference carefully. No section of the online preference form should be left blank. If any section is left blank, it will be presumed that you are not interested in that option. you will get another opportunity of making the changes in the entries made in the Online Preference Entry Form on the day of counselling (prior to verification of documents).
- Admission to Paid Seats will be done after the regular fee seats are full. All those candidates who opted for Paid Seat while filling up the ‘Preference Entry Form’ at the time of Counselling will be arranged in order of merit, their preference of a course (as given in preference entry form) and availability of seats.
- In case a candidate, who initially got provisionally admitted in regular fee seat of his/her lower preference, gets an opportunity of higher preference course/honours/honours (combinations)/ location under Paid Seat, he/she will be considered for Paid Seat for the course to migrate from his/her lower preference to higher preference.
STEP 2: Activity on the day of Counselling:-
- Reach the counseling venue at the prescribed time/date given in this Call letter. Contact the Counseling Centre/Venue Incharge and mark your attendance by signing the attendance sheet available with the Counseling Centre Incharge.
- Discuss with the teachers available at the Counseling Centre/Venue about the available options of PG courses [in case common entrance test is held for admission to more than one course], locations and fee structures, availability of hostels etc.
- In case you want to change your preference [earlier filled up by you ONLINE], you can do at this stage.
- Request the Counselling Centre/Venue Incharge for change. After preference entry form is finalised, get its printout, sign it and submit it along with other required original documents at the Verification Desk. Preference Entry Form once signed and confirmed by you on the Counselling Date shall be final and shall not be changed later. The computer will allot seats strictly in order of merit in the entrance test taking into account the order of preference filled up by you and availability of seats.
- If a Reserved Meritorious Student is called for counselling alongwith General category candidates his/her claim on seats reserved for his/her category shall remain intact.
- In case you are provisionally admitted, collect the Provisional Admission Letter from the Counselling Centre/ Venue Incharge at 10:00 am on the next day of Counseling. The Admission letter will show the course in which you are provisionally admitted on the date of counseling, amount of admission fee (regular fee) to be paid and deadline for fee payment (ordinarily 4:00 pm of the day following the Counseling date). In case you are provisionally admitted to a special Course of Study or on Paid Seat, you will be required to pay the Special Course/ Paid Seat Fee in addition to regular Fee of the Course. Please checkup from the Counseling Centre Incharge about the amount, mode of payment and deadline for payment of Special Course/ Paid Seat Fee.
Mode of Payment of Admission Fee (Regular Fee of the University):-
Afteryou have received the provisional admission letter from the Counseling Centre/Venue Incharge,you will have following options for payment of Admission Fee:
- Online payment through credit card/ debit card through the payment gateway available on the Entrance Test portal
- Payment of Fee in cash at the Fee Counters (check the location of the nearest Fee Counter at the Counseling Centre/Venue).
STEP 3: Activity on next day of Counselling date:-
- You must submit the proof of payment of admission fee to the Counselling Centre/Venue Incharge latest by 04:00 pm on the next day of the Counselling (deadline for payment of Fee). This will not be required if fee is paid Online payment through credit card/ debit card through the payment gateway available on the Entrance Test portal.
- In case you fail to produce the evidence/proof of payment by the said deadline, it will be presumed that you are not interested in the admission and your provisional admission letter shall be treated as cancelled/withdrawn.
- (i) After (i) each day of counselling and (ii) fee payment deadline, computerised allotment/rearrangement of seats in order of merit and based on preference of your and availability of seats will be done. There are chances of upward mobility of your in the order of preference filled up by you after subsequent days of counseling/ last day of counseling if the seats in the higher preferences of a your get vacated after you havr attended the counseling.
- This will be done automatically by the computer. The final allotment will be done by the computer only after the expiry of payment deadline of the last date of counselling. Based on the preference of your given at the time of counseling, there could be change in course options, location and seat type (free to paid and vice versa).
- The final allotment done in this manner shall be binding on the you.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate, if passed from a university other than BHU (To be submitted not later than 90 days of admission).
- High School Certificate/equivalent Certificate.
- Intermediate (+2) Certificate/equivalent Certificate.
- Mark sheets of High School/equivalent & Intermediate (+2)/equivalent.
- Mark sheet of the Qualifying Examination
- PET Admit Card issued from the office of the Controller of Examinations, BHU.
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate on the basis of which reserved quota seat is claimed.
- Certificate(s) in support of claim for 'Sports Seats'.
- Certificate of being the son/daughter of a permanent in-service employee/Retired/Reemployed/ Deceased employee of BHU in the prescribed format issued by the Central Registry.