Mar 01, 2016
Jul 03, 2016
Jul 17, 2016
BIT Mesra - BHMCT Counselling FAQ
1) Is there any PG program in Hotel Management?
No, at present University does not offer any PG program.
2) Is the Degree course approved by AICTE?
Yes, The Four year Degree course (BHMCT) is recognized by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE).
3) What kind of scholarships are available in BIT ?
GP Birla BIT Scholarship worth nearly 2.25 crores are available for meritorious student of BIT.
4) How many seats are there in the course?
Presently, there are 40 seats in the course.
5) Does department assist in Industrial Training?
Yes, department ensures Industrial Training of students in various reputed properties of India.
6) Does University help in placement?
Yes, University provides assistance in placement to the students.
7) What are the organisation in which students have been placed so far?
Students have been placed in various reputed organisations like Taj, Oberoi, Park, Leela, Lalit, ITC, Dominos, Lemon Tree, Mainland China, Club Mahindra to name a few.
8) Is there hostel facility for Boys and Girls?
Yes, the campus is fully residential and it is compulsory for the boys and girls to stay in the campus only.
9) What are the facilities available at BIT Mesra?
- Central Library
- G.P. Birla Auditorium
- Training & Placement Cell
- Health Centre
- Consumer Cooperative
- Boys & Girls Hostels
- Sport Ground with indoor games facilities
- Transport facility
- Club and Society
- ATM (SBI, ICICI & UCO)
- Bank – SBI and UCO
- Post Office
- Railway Reservation Counter and many more.
10) Is financial assistance available to students?
Yes, students may apply for bank loans as this course is a recognized course. If you are eligible as per Government scholarship norms, you are also entitled for a Scholarship claim.
11) Where are the career opportunities in hospitality and service sector at large?
Job opportunities are available in Hotel/Restaurant/Clubs/Cruise Line/Airlines/ Retail /BPO/Call centres/Hospital/Financial Institutions/MNC's etc.