Jan 03, 2017
Jan 17, 2017
Jun 17, 2017
Jun 30, 2017
GIM Online Test- GOT 2017 - Counselling Updates
Gitam University conducts the Admission Test GIM (GITAM Institute of Management) Online Test (GOT )for(Master of Business Adminisration) MBA programme. Here is the detailed information about the selection procedure and counselling process.
Selection Procedure: -
- Attend GOT examination(exempted for those having national level aptitude test score)
- Participate in Group Discussion and Personal Interview as per the given schedule(Exempted for UG admission).
- Selection Letter will be sent through email within one week from the date of GD & PI.
- Upon receipt of selection letter, you have to pay Rs.40,000 (first installment) with-in seven days from the date of Selection letter.
- Provisional Admission letter will be sent through courier/registered post along with fee estimation letter for loan purpose for outstation candidates.
- You would receive confirmation of admission at the time of reporting for class work by submitting all original certificates and second installment of first year fee.
- For those not selected, await release of waiting list and receipt of communication on status of candidature.
- The physical presence of your at the counseling is mandatory. If a you are unable to present due to unavoidable circumstances from being physically present for the counseling, you may authorise your parent / guardian to represent at the counseling along with original certificates and prescribed fee.
- Only parent or Guardian is allowed along with you for the counseling.
- You may have to stay on the subsequent day, if necessary.
- Mere attending the counseling does not confer right for admission as Students called are more than the number of seats available.
Admission Cancellation Procedure:-
- You can withdraw Admission with a covering letter and original documents namely Provisional Admission Letter and 1st Installment Fee Receipt.
- If you submits cancellation letter on or before 31st May (for MBA) and 21st June (for UG) , he/she would receive only 75% of the first installment.
- If you submits cancellation letter one week before commencement of class work, you would receive only 50% of the first installment.
- No Refund will be made after commencement of class work.
Eligible aspirants should produce these documents in original along with two attested copies for verification during admission process:
- 10th Class pass certificate
- Class XII / Intermediate Marks Sheet and Pass Certificate.
- Final Year Bachelor's degree Mark Sheets for those who have completed Graduation/Post- Graduation; and
- Mark Sheets for first two/three years for all those appearing for Final Year Bachelor's degree Examinations .
- GITAM GOT Counselling Call Letter
- Transfer, Study and Conduct Certificates
- For SC/ST Candidates: Integrated Community Certificate, if applicable
- For PH candidates: Medical Certificate from not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon
- Bangalore Campus: Residence Certificate from competent authority (for a minimum period of 5 years) for claiming local category
GIM Online Test- GOT Counselling FAQ
1) Does a candidate have to come all the way to Visakhapatnam to attend GD / PI in GIM?
NO, the Group Discussions as well as Personal Interviews would be held at number of cities across India. But candidates have to apply early to make use of this. The exact dates and venues would be advised at the appropriate time to all the candidates.
2) Does GIM offer any financial assistance or scholarship?
Merit scholarships are available to deserving candidates. The student is required to fill a separate form after payment of Commitment Fee.
3) Does GIM offer "specialization" in MBA?
Yes, for the MBA.Students can choose specialization from Marketing, Finance, Systems, Retail, Banking & Insurance and HR.
4) Does GIM arrange any educational loan?
Selected applicants can apply directly to any nationalized and private sector banks for educational loans. Necessary documents and other assistance will be provided by GIM to facilitate the process.
5) Does GIM offer any twinning programme?
Yes, GIM has a collaborative arrangement with Central Michigan University(CMU), USA students to study one year in USA to get MBA degree from CMU.
6) What has been GIM's placement record?
GIM’s placement record has been outstanding in recent years. All the eligible students have been placed in reputed organizations through campus Placements.
7) Is GIM a recognized institute?
GIM has received recognition from AICTE in year 1994. GIM is one of constituents of GITAM University conferred with University status under sec 3 of UGC act 1956 in 2008. The degrees awarded are accepted all over the world for further education and employment in public and private sectors. Also NAAC has accredited GIM with ‘A’ Grade with validity till 2017.
8) What is GIM’s intake every year?
Overall 240 seats are available in PG programs and 240 seats in UG programs.
9) What is the hostel fee?
Usually it is Rs. 6K to 7K per month in addition to the Rs. 10,000 refundable deposit and one time fee at the rate of Rs. 10,000 per annum paid at the time of admission.
Note: The above fees are subject to change anytime during the programme. Changes if any, will be notified sufficiently in advance.
10) Will GIM check Achievements?
All Achievement's should have documents to support and the documents should be available at the time of interview and joining the Institute.