Apr 11, 2016
Apr 19, 2016
May 16, 2016
GAT (UGTP) - B.Tech Counselling FAQ
1) What are the specializations/Courses offered at GITAM University inn B.Tech ?
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering (EIE)
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- Mechanical Engineering (MEC)
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Information Technology (IT)
- Civil Engineering (CIV)
- Industrial Engineering (IE)
- Biotechnology (BIO)
- Aerospace Engineering (AER).
2) Is it compulsory to stay in the hostel and what are the charges that the student will have to meet for staying in the hostel?
Yes. It is compulsory for all to stay in the hostel as the programmes are residential in nature. Rent free hostel accommodation is provided within the University Campus. However, expenses for mess, maintenance & other overheads will have to be borne by the students.
3) What is the fee structure for the programs at GITAM University in B.Tech?
GAT B.Tech Annual Fee is 2,20,000/- p.a.
4) Can one withdraw his/her admission after payment of the commitment fee? In such a case will his/her commitment fee be refunded?
Yes. One can withdraw his/her admission after one pays the commitment fee. His/her commitment fee will be returned as per the norms of the University.
5) Does a candidate have to come all the way to Visakhapatnam to attend GD / PI in GAT?
NO, the Group Discussions as well as Personal Interviews would be held at number of cities across India. But candidates have to apply early to make use of this. The exact dates and venues would be advised at the appropriate time to all the candidates.
6) Does GAT offer any financial assistance or scholarship?
Merit scholarships are available to deserving candidates. The student is required to fill a separate form after payment of Commitment Fee.
7) Does GAT arrange any educational loan?
Selected applicants can apply directly to any nationalized and private sector banks for educational loans. Necessary documents and other assistance will be provided by GAT to facilitate the process.