Mar 01, 2017
May 28, 2017
Jun 04, 2017
HPU-MAT 2017 - Counselling Updates
Selection to various b-schools on the basis of Himachal Pradesh Management Aptitude Test (HP CMAT) is done in three stages.
- The first screening will be done on the basis of the score obtained by the applicants. Those who clear the cutoff are selected in the first screening.
- If you have qualified the first screening test, then the institutes affiliated to the exam will call you for a group discussion (GD) and personal interview (PI) round.
- You will have to appear for separate GD and PI rounds for different colleges.
- Your overall performance in HPCMAT, GD and PI will be considered for the final selection and admission to the MBA programme.
- You will have to confirm your ranking based on merit list then register for counselling process on the official website of the exam.
- You will then have to select your choice of course and institute in which you want to take admission.
- Based on the merit lists prepared by the institutes, you will be allotted your course and college.
- Once the merit list is out, you will have to confirm your admission by getting your documents verified at the respective institute and paying the fees.
- Original counseling letter along with photocopy of counseling letter
- Bank draft has to be made as per the guidelines mentioned on HP CMAT prospect
- Original Admit card along with photocopy of admit card
- All the original and at least 2 photocopies of certificates of 10th & 12th class
- Score card (if applicable)
- Rank Card / Hall Ticket
- Original degree/provisional certificate if candidate is in the final year
- Medical documents mentioned on HP CMAT application form
- Category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/Other) signed by the authorized authority
- 4-6 Passport size photographs colored as well as black and white
- Other supportive documents mentioned on HP CMAT application form.
HPU-MAT Counselling FAQ
1) What specializations are offered by the Department?
Specialization offered by the Department:
- MBA (Agribusiness)
- Agricultural Marketing Management
- Agribusiness Financial Management
- Farm Business Management
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
2) What is Selection process for HPU-MAT?
After successfully cleared Himachal Pradesh University Management Aptitude Test (HPU-MAT), the selected candidates have to appear in group discussion and personal interview, which are conducted by the institute. The final selection of the candidates to Master of Business Administration (MBA) program is decided through their performances in management aptitude test, group discussion, and personal interview.
3) Are degrees offered by the department recognized by some agency?
MBA and MBA (Agribusiness) programs are recognized by Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR) and University Grants Commission (UGC). The program is also approved by the AICTE.
4) Do you have hostel facility for the students?
Yes, the University has hostel facility for both boys and girls.
5) What are the job prospects of MBA students?
MBA degree provides with innumerable career opportunities in various fields. It is especially beneficial to get jobs in high-level positions such as managerial and executive level jobs.
6) Do you have a Placement Cell?
Yes, the placements are conducted by the university placement cell. Efforts are made to arrange campus placement every year. In the recent past, some of the important organizations that visited the campus for recruitment are as under: Monsanto, Indofil, Dabur, Pragya, Century Seeds, Pepsi Foods, Nagarjun, Dhanuka, Chambal Agrotech, National Banks, Syngenta, Adani, Bayer, ITC, Field Fresh, DuPont, ICICI, India Bulls, Shoghi Communications, Karvy, Triveni Engineering, Dunham's, KF Bioplants, HDFC, Technico Agri Sciences.
7) Do you have sufficient faculty for the fields of specialization offered?
The Department is supported by an adequate faculty having excellence in different fields of specializations.
8) Why should we join MBA programme under this University of HP ?
MBA program of the university encourages active participation of students in planning and organizing events and activities that help give them practical insights on management and teamwork. The students are exposed to relevant conceptual knowledge by faculty all of whom are the doctorate.
9) Who is to be contacted for queries related to admission?
Universiy Business School (formerly IMS),
Himachal Pradesh University,
Summer Hill, Shimla, PIN 171 005
Tel. No. 91-177- 2830938,2831653
Extn: 650, 651