Jul 15, 2017
Nov 11, 2017
Nov 26, 2017
Jan 05, 2018
IIFT 2017 - Counselling Updates
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) conducts entrance examination every year for the admission to management programmes. The candidates who have applied for the entrance test can check the selection and counselling procedure here.
Selection Procedure: -
The selection procedure consists of three stages: -
- Written Test
- Essay Writing
- Group Discussion
Written Test: Usually IIFT conducts written test in the last week of November. The candidates must qualify in the written exam to get eligibility for the next stage of the selection procedure.
Essay Writing: The candidates whose names have been shortlisted in the written test have to write an essay in the second stage. The topic will be given on the spot, and the candidates have to complete the essay within the stipulated time. The written communication skills of the candidates will be tested in the essay writing.
Group Discussion & Personal Interview: After essay writing, the candidates have to attend group discussion and personal interview where the verbal communication skills of the candidates will be tested. Usually, the GD & PI will take place in the month of January or February in various cities which include Mumbai, Lucknow, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Bengaluru.
Note: - The shortlisted candidates have to submit Statement of Purpose (SoP) which is considered as a significant criterion for the selection procedure at IIFT.
- Initially, the candidates have to pay the counselling fee.
- Later, the candidates can choose campuses (either New Delhi or Kolkata).
- Basing on the choices made the candidates, seat allotment is one. However, the candidates who get good rank in IIFT entrance examination will be given first preference while allotting the seats.
- IIFT will declare the seat allotment result only after few days of counselling.
- The candidates can download the seat allotment letter once it is published on the official website of IIFT.
Documents Required for Counselling: -
- 10th and 12th class mark sheet or certificate (both Original and Xerox)
- A hard copy of seat allotment letter
- Admit Card of IIFT Entrance Exam
- Domicile of Candidates
- 6-7 passport size colour photographs
- Proof of Identity
- IIFT scorecard