International Institute of Information Technology(IIIT-Lateral Entry to Dual Degree Programs) (IIIT-Lateral Entry to Dual Degree Programs - 2016)
Feb 02, 2016
Apr 11, 2016
Apr 17, 2016
May 08, 2016
IIIT-Lateral Entry to Dual Degree Programs Counselling FAQ
1) When does one have to choose the field of specialisation for the Dual Degree Program?
At the end of second year.
2) What are the specializations offered at International Institute of Information Technology in Lateral Entry after Second Year B.Tech ?
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) and MS by Research in CSE (CSD).
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication and Engineering (ECE) and MS by Research in ECE (ECD).
3) What are placement details for the year 2016?
- Below are program wise statistics in Placement 2016(Average Salary). B Tech (CSE) = Rs. 10.30 lac (Domestic); B Tech (ECE) = Rs. 6.52 lac Offshore Companies = $ 150,000
- MS by Research (CSE) = Rs. 9.32 lac MS by Research (ECE) = Rs. 9.00 lac
- M Tech (CSE) = Rs. 9.54 lac M Tech (CSIS) = Rs. 7.72 lac M Tech (VLSI) = Rs. 7.58 lac M Tech (Bioinformatics) = Rs. 3.66 lac M Tech (CASE) = Rs. 3.00 lac For more details check official website.
4) I have been allotted a seat in earlier rounds and have accepted it, can I opt for another program?
Yes, you can. If you are given another program previous seat allotment is canceled and is made available for other candidates. If you are not allotted any of your choices, the existing allotment remains. So, unless you are really sure that you want another program do not opt for it, as you will not be able change it back to your existing allotment.
5) Is there any internal sliding possible once we join the institute?
- There will be no internal sliding after you join the institute. For four year/five year B.Tech/Dual degree /Lateral Entry to Dual Degree Programs programs in CSE and ECE, a branch change is possible according to institute rules after first year.
- For other five year dual degree programs in Computational Natural Sciences, Computational Linguistics, Exact Humanities, and Building Science & Engineering as they are special programs, no branch change is allowed. So you should opt for these programs only if you are really interested in them. Your opting for programs without a serious intent to join deprives another candidate of the seat, as there would be no more rounds.
6) Is there any SC/ST/BC, women, physically challenged etc. quota for IIIT admissions?
No, there is no SC/ST/BC, women, physically challenged etc. quota or reservation of any kind for IIIT admissions. All admissions are strictly merit based and in open category.
7) I have received admission in IITs. Why should I consider joining IIIT Hyderabad?
IIIT Hyderabad UG programme is unique in the country.
- It provides research opportunities, even to a UG student, not available anywhere else in the country. Many UG students are able to publish papers in international conferences. Some even visit abroad for working with partner research groups while still a UG student.
- It has a modern and flexible curriculum which allows a student to tailor it to his/her requirements.
- Infrastructure is extremely good in academics as well as in hostels and student life.
- So, if you want to achieve your dreams, of creating new technologies or do cutting edge research, come to IIIT Hyderabad.
8) IIIT fee is higher than the fee at IITs or NITs. Why?
IIIT offers high quality infra-structure. It has modern well-kept living facilities. It also has one of the highest bandwidth availability per student. It has a highly qualified research oriented faculty with research centres. All this costs money. Most importantly IIIT does not run on annual Government grants. This allows complete autonomy and high academic standards, but does result in a slightly higher fee. However, financial assistance is available.
9) I am not able to pay the fee. Is any financial assistance available?
- A number of sources are there for providing assistance.
- Many banks sanction educational loans with easy repayment terms after you graduate. Loan which might seem large at this point in time is actually very small when you start earning. Placement record shows that you can repay the loan very easily.
- There are merit-cum-means scholarships offered by the State Governments such as Pratibha Scholarship by the AP Government. These are available to IIIT students who come from AP and whose parent's annual income is within one lakh. Check for similar scholarships with your own state Government or other similar sources.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place