ISI Admission Test(M.Tech-CS) (ISI Admission Test(M.Tech) - 2016)
Feb 09, 2016
May 08, 2016
May 29, 2016
ISI Admission Test(M.Tech) Counselling FAQ
1) Can I get admissions into M Tech CS programme of Indian Statistical Institute being an ECE student?
- You will have a part in the second half which shall deal with electronics. Look at the sample question paper given at the website, to see the types and also go through the syllabus structure.
- For the interview, Also electronics has a very strong faculty at ISI. So be thoroughly prepared for questions from the area.
2) What are the general career choices of M.Tech CS students from Indian Statistical Institute?
- So, people from ISI either go into Grad School or take up jobs, CS people are no exceptions. As far as I know, typical recruiters include Microsoft India, GS, Google and many tech start up companies. Mostly, all ISI students can sit for placements in whichever company that comes- irrespective of programme.
- People have gone to the IIT's ,IMSC, NUS and to various other US Grad schools as well. Many also stay in ISI, do their PhD here and go on to the faculty position here itself.
3) What is the scope after doing Quality, Reliability and Operations Research [M. Tech.] from ISI Kolkata?
Package approx can be given to you by different people, but the pool of companies to which our batchmates juniors have joined/offered include but are not limited to: (info 2011 batch onwards, i am providing an overall idea)
1. Google (1 joining shortly)
2. Microsoft (offered-declined)
3. Yahoo (1 joined)
4. Amazon (1 joined)
5. Goldman Sachs (1 joined, 1 joining shortly)
6. Barkleys (2 joined)
7. Synopsis (1 joined)
8. Texas Instruments( offered- declined)
9. McKinsey & Company(1 joined)
etc.more than one have joined Idea, Wipro, TCS innovation labs... these were some of the top draws more companies have come.I hope some other students of the insti may take the pains to update anything else they want to add.
4) What is the Institute role in the placement of students?
- Students who have successfully completed the M. Tech (CS) programme are now well placed in government and semi-government departments, public and private sector undertakings, and industries/service organizations. Most of the students of the Institute get employment offers even before they complete the qualifying degree examinations.
- There is a Placement Committee in Kolkata, which arranges campus interviews by prospective employers.
5) Does the Institute provide Hostel Facility?
The Institute has hostels for male and female students in its premises in Kolkata. However, it may not be possible to accommodate all students in the hostels. Limited medical facilities are available free of cost at Kolkata, Delhi and Bangalore campuses. Students, selected for stay in the hostels, have to pay Rs. 1500.00 as hostel deposit, whereas hostel rent of Rs 200.00 is deducted from their monthly stipend.
6) What is the Counseling process after appearing for ISI(M.Tech-CS)?
- Candidates who are shortlisted must attend the counselling in person.
- They must submit their original documents for verification.
- Seat Allotment will be on the basis of their GATE scores/Marks in the ISI Admission Test and their choice of course.
- They must pay the admission fees after allotment.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place