May 09, 2016
Jun 09, 2016
Jun 29, 2016
JMIEE M.Tech Counselling FAQ
1) What are the specializations offered in Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) University for M.Tech?
Various M.Tech branches offered by the JMI University are -
- M.Tech.(Environmental Science & Engineering)
- M.Tech.(Electrical Power System & Management)(EPSM)
- M.Tech.(Control and Instrumentation System)
- M.Tech.(Mechanical Engineering: Machine Design)
- M.Tech.(Mechanical Engineering: Thermal Engineering)
- M.Tech.(Mechanical Engineering: Production & Industrial Engineering)
- M.Tech.(Earthquake Engineering)
- M.Tech.(Computer Engineering)
- M.Tech.(Electronics & Communication Engineering).
2) What is the Selection process after appearing for JMIEE(M.Tech)?
The mode of selection for the non sponsored candidates will be as follows:
- All the applications received will be short-listed (up to thrice the number of seats available) on the basis of performance in GATE and Marks of the qualifying exam, with a relative weightage of 70 marks for the GATE Score and 15 marks for the qualifying exam.
- The short listed candidates will be subjected to an interview with a weightage of 15 marks. The selection will be made on the basis of final marks obtained. (Final score sheet will be out of 100).
- Sponsored candidates for the full time programme will be selected on the basis of the final marks obtained with a relative weightage of 85 marks for the qualifying exam and 15 marks for the interview(Final score sheet will be out of 100).
3) Are distance-learning courses offered at Jamia Millia Islamia?
The University offers "Urdu Correspondence Course" as a distance learning course.
4) Is there a central telephone number for enquiries?
One may contact at the telephone number +91 (11) 26981717.
5) What help is there for finding accommodation for staff and students?
The University has limited accommodation for the staff which is allotted as per the norms laid down by the University. However the University has a guest house where those coming for academic visits may stay for a short duration. For boys there are four hostels with limited number of seats and for girls there is only one hostel. In addition to this, there is one Working Women's Hostel also.
6) What conferences facilities are available in Jamia Millia Islamia?
The Jamia Millia Islamia has Dr. M. A. Ansari Auditorium with a capacity of more than 500 persons.
7) How do I obtain my degree/certificate?
To obtain the degree/certificate one may write to: The Controller of Examinations, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi-110025. Samples of the application form for obtaining the degree/certificate is also available on the website.
8) How is seat allocation done for Jamia Millia Islamia (M.tech)?
- As per the AICTE norms, 10 non-sponsored candidates (5 Half time assistance ship and 5 Non-assistance ship) and 5 sponsored candidates can be admitted to the M.Tech course.
- 25% of seats in all courses will be filled by internal students of Jamia, who have passed the qualifying examination from Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Jamia Millia Islamia provided they fulfill the minimum eligibility conditions.
- Reservation of seats and relaxation of qualifications for SC/ST candidates and Physically handicapped will be as per Government of India rules.
- Supernumerary Seats: A few seats, not exceeding 15% of the full-time total intake of the M.Tech programme, over and above the normal intake, may be provided to foreign Students/NRIs, provided they fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria for admission as per the requirements of the M.Tech programme, from a recognized University/Board.