Feb 21, 2016
May 15, 2016
Jun 05, 2016
BPEE CET Counselling FAQ
1) On what basis will the merit list be prepared?
The merit list will be prepared purely based on the marks scored by the candidates in J&K BOPEE.
2) What is/are the college/colleges covered under this examination?
- SSM COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, SRINAGAR
- Bhargava College of Engineering & Technology Supwal (Samba) J&K
- GOVT COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY, JAMMU
- MBS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY, JAMMU
- Yogananda College of Engineering and Technology, Jammu**.
3) What are the programmes offered at Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination Board(J&K BOPEE) under this examination?
Programme offered :-
- B.E Civil
- B.E E & C
- B.E Computer
- B.E Mechanical
- B.E Electrical
- B.E I.T
- B.E Applied Electronics & Instrumentation.
4) What is the Counselling fee?
Counselling fee is the payment made by a candidate to show his/her seriousness/commitment in taking admission in any of the participating NLU(s). Counselling fee is not a separate fee, it is the adjustable advance paid which subsequently gets adjusted at the time of admission from the fee payable to the respective University by a candidate.
5) What does the Selection process comprises of?
- The selection of the candidates will be on the basis of Inter-se merit list in the JKCET .
- The merit list for each course shall be prepared on the basis of inter-se merit of the candidates in the JKCET in the descending order for Open Merit Category and for each Reserved Category, separately.
6) What are the important documents need to be submitted at the time of admission?
Documents required during J&K BPEE CET Counselling Procedure:
- Online Admit Card
- Character Certificate
- Reserved Category Certificate (if any, and a set of attested copies of these certificates)
- Marks certificate of the qualifying examination (12th class)
- Date of Birth (Matriculation Certificate/Secondary School Certificate) from the Board of School Education
- Permanent Resident Certificate
- Reserved category Certificate, if any.
7) Can parents attend the counselling instead of the candidate?
For B.Tech Programme, it is mandatory that the candidate attends the counselling. However, if the candidate is unable to attend due to some genuine reason, we can permit parents to represent the candidate. In such a case, the candidate should give an authorization letter in favour of his/her parents. The decision taken by the parents is final and binding.
8) How is seat allocation done?
The first indicative seat allocation list may comprise of some additional seats over and above the total available seats among the participating institutions.