Feb 10, 2017
May 16, 2017
Jun 27, 2017
JNU Entrance Examination- M.A. Counselling FAQ
1) What is the annual fee structure for 'Indian' students for M.A ?
The annual Tution fee structure for M.A :-Rs. 216.00*/- .
2) How far is the hostel from study place?
All hostels are very near to study place at a walking distance of not more than 5-10 minutes.
3) What is thw Reservation of seats for Sc/St/Obc candidates?
- 22.5% (15% for SC and 7.5% for ST) seats in each Programme of Study are reserved for Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe candidates respectively. All Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates who have passed the qualifying examination are eligible to appear in the entrance examination irrespective of their percentage of marks.
- 27% seats are reserved for OBC candidates (non creamy layer). All OBC category (non creamy layer) candidates are eligible to 10% relaxation in the percentage of marks in the qualifyingexamination in relation to open category*.
4) Whether separate hostel accommodation is available for foreign national students?
There is no separate hostel accommodation for foreign national students. Foreign national students are allotted room in any hostel available at the time of admission/registration.
5) Is Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) NAAC accredited?
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU ) is a public central university in New Delhi, the capital of India. In 2012 The National Assessment and Accreditation Council gave the university a grade of 3.9 out of 4, the highest grade awarded to any educational institution in the country. It is one of the top universities in the country, ranking third according to the National Institutional Ranking Framework. It is known for leading faculties and research emphasis on liberal arts and applied sciences.
6) At the time of counseling, is it enough if I produce Photostat copies of my certificates?
Sorry. Original certificates are to be produced.
7) What about campus placement?
Jawaharlal Nehru University Placement Cell (JNUPC) was opened in the year 2008, and we are happy to inform that since then we are securing our students future. JNUPC will uphold the quality of the education and the social responsibility by giving a respectful job and opportunities to its students. Under JNUPC numerous programme will be organised to improve student's skill. JNUPC will try to place all the students who are seeking a respected opportunity to get engaged in government institutions, non-government institutions and other organizations. A wide number of researchers of different schools of JNU as of SES, SLS, SIS, SLL&Cs, SSS and others have a quality education which needs to be disseminated in the society.
8) I am unable to travel for my counselling. What do I do?
No problem, we understand there might be extenuating circumstances that prevent your travel. Your admission formalities can be done by an authorized representative carrying proper authorization documents, like your parents or even a friend.
Please remember, fees and original documents are required for completing admission formalities.
9) What is Reservation of Seats for Person with Disability (PWD) Candidates?
3% of the seats are reserved laterally for the Person with Disability candidates in all the programmes of study.The Person with Disability candidates, who have passed the qualifying examination are eligible to appear in the entrance examination irrespective of their percentage of
Note:-A candidate, in order to be eligible for any concession/ benefits under the Person with Disability (PWD) category, should have minimum degree of disability to the extent of 40%.