Jan 11, 2016
Mar 20, 2016
Apr 09, 2016
Apr 27, 2016
JEE Mains Counselling FAQ
1) Could you kindly name the boards recognized under Association of Indian Universities?
You can visit the official website .
2) What are HSC vocational courses?
Different states can have different HSC vocational courses, so students of different states will have to verify it from their particular state.
3) What will be admission criteria for State Engineering Colleges ?
In case any State opts to admit students in the engineering Colleges affiliated to state Universities and requires separate merit list to be provided based on relativeweightages adopted by the states, the merit list shall be prepared with such relative weightages as may be indicated by States. As of now Gujarat state has opted for the same.
4) What are the reservation rules for JEE-Main Exam ?
As per Government of India rules candidates belonging to certain categories are
admitted to seats reserved for them based on relaxed criteria.
These categories are:
(i) Other Backward Classes (OBC) if they belong to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL)
(ii) Scheduled Castes (SC)
(iii) Scheduled Tribes (ST)
(iv) Persons with Physical Disability (PD)
Benefit of reservation shall be given only to those classes/castes/tribes which are in the respective central list published by the Govt of India.
5) What are the advantages in opting for Computer Based Examination?
a) The candidate can review or re-answer any question at any point of time during the examination.
b) The candidate can change the option of the answer during the exam duration and it is one of the most important feature of computer based examination
c) The candidate also has the option to mark any answer for review at later stage during the examination.
d) There will be a panel on computer screen showing all the question nos in different colour scheme which will indicate which are the questions answered, left un answered and marked for review
e) Candidate gets the flexibility in choosing the exam date of his/her choice as per his/her convenience.
f) It will make Candidate feel confident on use of Information technology.
g) You can also save upto Rs. 500 in Exam fees compare to Pen/Paper mode.
6) Is there any call centre support?
Yes. There is a call centre support for candidates appearing in computer based examination. The helpline number(s) are available on the JEE website.
7) What are Seat Allocation Process for JEE MAINS?
- Candidates shall be offered admission based on their choices and All India Ranks of JEE (Main) through a Seat Allocation Process to be announced later. The candidates will be able to make their choices online for branches/programmes and institutes at appropriate time.Candidates are advised to regularly visit the JEE (Main) website for latest information.
- The verification of documents would be done at the time of Seat Allocation Process/admission. The purpose would be to verify different records regarding identification, age, qualifying examination, state of eligibility, category and disability (if any) of the candidate. On failing to produce any of the authentic documents, the candidate will not be considered for admission.
- SC, ST, OBC and PwD candidates will be required to produce original certificate issued by the competent authority at the time of Seat Allocation Process as well as at the time of admission, failing which they will not be considered for admission.