Apr 10, 2016
Apr 23, 2016
Apr 30, 2016
KEE B.Tech Counselling FAQ
1) What are the specializations offered in Karunya University for B.Tech?
Various B.Tech branches offered by the Karunya University are -
- B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering
- B.Tech in Biomedical Engineering
- B.Tech in Bioinformatics
- B.Tech in Biotechnology
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics and Media Technology
- B.Tech in Food Processing and Engineering
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.
2) What about the fee structure for various programs?
For details on Fee Structure, go to the respective page of the programme in the Admissions Website
(Eg. Ungergraduates Fee Structure)
3) When is the last date to pay the tuition fees to be admitted?
- The first installment of tuition fee should be paid immediately during the submission of online application form.
- B.Tech. admissions are purely based on merit through online mode only. Candidates are advised not to approach any agents/ consultants /mediators regarding B.Tech. admissions at Karunya University.
4) What about Hostel accommodations?
Karunya University has residences separate for boys and girls. The hostels are fully residential and include excellent dining, bathing, and sleeping facilities.
5) Are scholarships available for the University Students?
For B. Tech. courses:
- Jesus Calls Young Partners can avail a one-time scholarship of Rs.50,000/-
- Wards of Alumni or Staff can avail a one-time scholarship of Rs. 30,000/-
- Siblings of current student or Alumnus of Karunya University can avail a one-time scholarship of Rs. 30,000/-
- Child of a Pastor / Missionary from Registered Church or Missionary Organization can avail a one-time scholarship of Rs. 30,000/-
- The girl students who are not eligible for any of the above scholarships can avail a one-time scholarship of Rs. 20,000/- .
- However, one student is entitled for any one of the above scholarships.
- Apart from this, the students are eligible to receive Government Scholarship
- Institutional Scholarships (Dr. D.G.S. Dhinakaran memorial educational scholarships for economically weak section of students)
- Sports Quota students are eligible for the concession of 50% or 100/% (including hostel charges).
6) What about dress code?
Men: Students must be neatly dressed in formal and clean-shaven with a decent hair cut at all times when in the campus. Earrings & Ear Studs are not permitted. Formal trousers, shirts (tucked in) and shoes whenever they are in the University campus. During University functions and on special occasions, they should wear University uniform (blue blazer and tie). T-shirt / Jeans (of any type including cargo) and low waist trousers are not permitted.
Girls: Girl students are required to wear either salwar kameez or Churidhar with dupatta pinned at the shoulders or sarees and should wear University uniform [Blue Blazer] on special occasions.
Casual dress meaning Jeans & decent T-shirt with collar and sleeves (for boys), Jeans and long Kurtas (for girls) is also permitted.
7) What about Campus Placements at University?
- Karunya has a creditable record of placement of its final year students and graduates. A good number of final year students plan to go for higher studies in India or abroad or turn entrepreneurs.
- As per recent trends about 80% of eligible final year students, who seek a placement, are placed with reputed organizations at the initiative of the Karunya University prior to their leaving the campus.
- Apart from Placement interviews on other campuses in and around Coimbatore, in which our students participate, a number of interviews are held on our campus.
8) What about external courses for higher studies?
Karunya University is not offering any external / part time courses.
9) Should the parents come along with the candidate at the time of Karunya Entrance Examination counseling?
Yes. Parents and/or guardians should accompany the prospective students.
10) Should we deposit the original certificates/ documents on the day of Karunya Entrance Examination counseling?
No, the students need not submit the original certificates during counseling. However they need to submit the original certificates on the day of enrollment.