KCET- BE/B.Tech (KCET- BE/B.Tech - 2015)
Jan 13, 2015
Apr 15, 2015
May 04, 2015
Jun 01, 2015
KCET- BE/B.Tech Counselling FAQ
1) How is the merit determined for Engineering course?
The merit of Engineering will be determined on the basis of 50% of marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in CET and 50% of marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in II PU/ 12 th standard examination taken in equal proportions.
2) My father was in a Rural area when I was in 1 st standard to 4th standard. After that, I have studied completely in a Taluk headquarter. Am I eligible for Rural reservation?
For Rural reservation, the candidate should study from 1 st standard to 10th standard in a Rural area and the parents annual income should not exceed Rs. 3.5 lakhs. Hence you are not eligible to claim Rural reservation. (In case of SC/ST/ Cat I candidates, there is no ceiling limit on income) .
3) Who is the authority who can issue Kannada medium study certificate?
The Principal/ Head master of the institution will issue Kannada medium certificate which has to be counter signed by BEO of the area/ jurisdiction. Uncertified certificate will not be accepted.
4) Where can I ask for Rural study certificate?
You can get the Rural study certificate from your Principal/ Head Master of the institution where you have studied and you have to get it countersigned by the concerned BEO. Along with the Rural study, you have to submit the income certificate/ Non Creamy Layer Certificate (NCLC) issued by the concerned Tahsildar for GM candidates.
5) If I opt for allotment of seats what should I do?
Gap of 5 days will be given to the candidates from the date of hosting the allotment details on the website in the Admission Round to exercise their choice of willingness or unwillingness.
I have cancelled / surrendered my allotted seats, Whether I am eligible to participate in the Casual Vacancy Round? No, a candidate who has received the admission order and cancelled the allotted seat will have no further consideration in exercising the options for a fresh allotment of seats.
6) After allotment where I have to see the allotted details?
The details of allotments made in respect of all the candidates will be hosted on the website of KEA http://kea.kar.nic.in and also on the notice boards of help line centres.
7) I have not been allotted any seat in the first round? What I have to do?
Please wait for the second round of allotment. You can exercise your options afresh based on the seats available.
8) Since there is no face to face counseling whom do I have to contact for clarification regarding entry of options and other issues?
Candidates can contact KEA over telephone. Once the process of document verification starts Helpline will be established in KEA office for all queries and distress calls; further candidate can also send their questionnaires to KEA e?mail firstname.lastname@example.org All your queries will be attended on day to day basis. Or you can visit any nearest helpline centre and clarify the doubts.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place