Jan 15, 2017
Apr 23, 2017
May 02, 2017
May 28, 2017
KCET- BE/B.Tech 2017 - Counselling Updates
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)is being conducted ever year for the admission to BE/B.Tech course. Here is the detailed information about counselling process.
Counseling Procedure: -
- Students, who have been assigned ranks in Karnataka CET(BE/B.Tech), will report to their nearest helpline centres as per schedule mentioned below.
- Before the deadlines, you have to register at any of 13 helplines.
- For further verification, you must register your Karnataka CET(BE/B.Tech)
- Number in the computer system at the helpline centre.
- You have to report for your Document Verification as per the schedule announced by KEA for Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech) Counselling.
- It is mandatory to bring your original documents for verification during Karnataka CET Counselling.
- A unique User ID and Password will be allotted to you for Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech)Counselling after completion of the Document Verification process.
- You must use Verification Slip and Unique Keyword, printed on the back of the Verification Slip for Option Entry Login purposes.
- The Unique Keyword contains 8 alpha-numeric characters.
- In case you forget your password, you will get instructions to set new passwords.
- An interactive session will be held at all the Helpline Centres under the Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech) Counselling Procedure defining the later stages of the Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech) Counselling, including choice filling and fee payment etc.
Documents required for Verification during Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech) Counselling:
- KCET Admission Ticket.
- Copy of filled KCET Application Form.
- SSLC/Class X Marks sheet.
- 2nd PUC/ Class XII Marks sheet.
- Study Certificate counter signed by the concerned BEO/DDPI.
- TWO recent passport size photographs.
The following Documents have to be produced only if Applicable:
- Rural Study Certificate counter signed by the concerned BEO.
- Income Certificate obtained from concerned Tahasildar to claim “Supernumerary Quota” seats.
- Kannada Medium Study Certificate counter signed by the concerned BEO for candidates claiming Kannada Medium reservation benefits.
- Duly sworn in Affidavit of the candidate claiming eligibility under Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga clauses.
- IDENTITY CARD issued by the Jurisdictional Deputy Commissioner / District Magistrate, for the candidates claiming eligibility for Government seats under Jammu & Kashmiri Migrants quota.
- Parent’s study certificate / Parent’s Hometown certificate /Parent’s Domicile certificate / Parent’s Employment certificate / Parent’s Cumulative Record/ Parent’s Marks Card, etc., for the candidates claiming eligibility for Government seats based on the domicile / study / employment of the parent.
- A verification certificate (only for GM candidates).
- Caste Certificate / Caste Income Certificate / Income Certificate obtained from the concerned Tahasildar for the candidates claiming Reservation benefits.
Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech) Counselling - User ID and Password Assignment:
- After completing Document Verification for Karnataka CET Counselling, will be assigned User ID and Password.
- You have to use these User ID and Password to log in for option entry.
- If you wish to change the password assigned, You can do so.
Entry of Options:
- You have been assigned the Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech) User ID and Password for Counselling, can log in and enter their options.
- After the receipt of official seat matrix, exam authority will upload the college wise, category wise and course wise seat matrix to the website.
- You can also get the seat matrix at your nearest Helpline Centres.
- You are required to enter your Karnataka CET(BE/B.Tech) Application Number.
- You will then enter the Unique Keyword printed in the Verification Slip.
- To prevent misuse, you should change your password, once you log in.
- After log in,you can enter all the choices of courses as per your eligibility.
- The Option Entry Form contains the priority order number, discipline, college name and college code and course code.
- You can modify the order of choices as par candidate’s wish with no restriction.
- To be considered for seat allotment phase, you have to lock the choices on the last day.
- The seats will be allotted to you as per your Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech) Merit List Ranking decided by your performance in Karnataka CET(BE/B.Tech) and the qualifying exam.
- The Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech) Seat Allotment will be done on the basis of availability of seats, preferred choices given by you and Result of Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech).
- After your seat allotment process, have to download the Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech) Seat Allotment Letters and pay the specified admission fees.
- If you are not satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you can participate in the subsequent Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech) Counselling rounds.
KCET- BE/B.Tech Counselling FAQ
1) How is the merit determined for Engineering course?
The merit of Engineering will be determined on the basis of 50% of marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in CET and 50% of marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in II PU/ 12 th standard examination taken in equal proportions.
2) My father was in a Rural area when I was in 1 st standard to 4th standard. After that, I have studied completely in a Taluk headquarter. Am I eligible for Rural reservation?
For Rural reservation, the candidate should study from 1 st standard to 10th standard in a Rural area and the parents annual income should not exceed Rs. 3.5 lakhs. Hence you are not eligible to claim Rural reservation. (In case of SC/ST/ Cat I candidates, there is no ceiling limit on income) .
3) Who is the authority who can issue Kannada medium study certificate?
The Principal/ Head master of the institution will issue Kannada medium certificate which has to be counter signed by BEO of the area/ jurisdiction. Uncertified certificate will not be accepted.
4) Where can I ask for Rural study certificate?
You can get the Rural study certificate from your Principal/ Head Master of the institution where you have studied and you have to get it countersigned by the concerned BEO. Along with the Rural study, you have to submit the income certificate/ Non Creamy Layer Certificate (NCLC) issued by the concerned Tahsildar for GM candidates.
5) If I opt for allotment of seats what should I do?
Gap of 5 days will be given to the candidates from the date of hosting the allotment details on the website in the Admission Round to exercise their choice of willingness or unwillingness.
I have cancelled / surrendered my allotted seats, Whether I am eligible to participate in the Casual Vacancy Round? No, a candidate who has received the admission order and cancelled the allotted seat will have no further consideration in exercising the options for a fresh allotment of seats.
6) After allotment where I have to see the allotted details?
The details of allotments made in respect of all the candidates will be hosted on the website of KEA http://kea.kar.nic.in and also on the notice boards of help line centres.
7) I have not been allotted any seat in the first round? What I have to do?
Please wait for the second round of allotment. You can exercise your options afresh based on the seats available.
8) Since there is no face to face counseling whom do I have to contact for clarification regarding entry of options and other issues?
Candidates can contact KEA over telephone. Once the process of document verification starts Helpline will be established in KEA office for all queries and distress calls; further candidate can also send their questionnaires to KEA e?mail email@example.com All your queries will be attended on day to day basis. Or you can visit any nearest helpline centre and clarify the doubts.