Jan 15, 2017
Apr 23, 2017
May 02, 2017
May 28, 2017
KCET- BE/B.Tech 2017 - Counselling Updates
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)is being conducted ever year for the admission to BE/B.Tech course. Here is the detailed information about counselling process.
Counseling Procedure: -
- Students, who have been assigned ranks in Karnataka CET(BE/B.Tech), will report to their nearest helpline centres as per schedule mentioned below.
- Before the deadlines, you have to register at any of 13 helplines.
- For further verification, you must register your Karnataka CET(BE/B.Tech)
- Number in the computer system at the helpline centre.
- You have to report for your Document Verification as per the schedule announced by KEA for Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech) Counselling.
- It is mandatory to bring your original documents for verification during Karnataka CET Counselling.
- A unique User ID and Password will be allotted to you for Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech)Counselling after completion of the Document Verification process.
- You must use Verification Slip and Unique Keyword, printed on the back of the Verification Slip for Option Entry Login purposes.
- The Unique Keyword contains 8 alpha-numeric characters.
- In case you forget your password, you will get instructions to set new passwords.
- An interactive session will be held at all the Helpline Centres under the Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech) Counselling Procedure defining the later stages of the Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech) Counselling, including choice filling and fee payment etc.
Documents required for Verification during Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech) Counselling:
- KCET Admission Ticket.
- Copy of filled KCET Application Form.
- SSLC/Class X Marks sheet.
- 2nd PUC/ Class XII Marks sheet.
- Study Certificate counter signed by the concerned BEO/DDPI.
- TWO recent passport size photographs.
The following Documents have to be produced only if Applicable:
- Rural Study Certificate counter signed by the concerned BEO.
- Income Certificate obtained from concerned Tahasildar to claim “Supernumerary Quota” seats.
- Kannada Medium Study Certificate counter signed by the concerned BEO for candidates claiming Kannada Medium reservation benefits.
- Duly sworn in Affidavit of the candidate claiming eligibility under Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga clauses.
- IDENTITY CARD issued by the Jurisdictional Deputy Commissioner / District Magistrate, for the candidates claiming eligibility for Government seats under Jammu & Kashmiri Migrants quota.
- Parent’s study certificate / Parent’s Hometown certificate /Parent’s Domicile certificate / Parent’s Employment certificate / Parent’s Cumulative Record/ Parent’s Marks Card, etc., for the candidates claiming eligibility for Government seats based on the domicile / study / employment of the parent.
- A verification certificate (only for GM candidates).
- Caste Certificate / Caste Income Certificate / Income Certificate obtained from the concerned Tahasildar for the candidates claiming Reservation benefits.
Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech) Counselling - User ID and Password Assignment:
- After completing Document Verification for Karnataka CET Counselling, will be assigned User ID and Password.
- You have to use these User ID and Password to log in for option entry.
- If you wish to change the password assigned, You can do so.
Entry of Options:
- You have been assigned the Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech) User ID and Password for Counselling, can log in and enter their options.
- After the receipt of official seat matrix, exam authority will upload the college wise, category wise and course wise seat matrix to the website.
- You can also get the seat matrix at your nearest Helpline Centres.
- You are required to enter your Karnataka CET(BE/B.Tech) Application Number.
- You will then enter the Unique Keyword printed in the Verification Slip.
- To prevent misuse, you should change your password, once you log in.
- After log in,you can enter all the choices of courses as per your eligibility.
- The Option Entry Form contains the priority order number, discipline, college name and college code and course code.
- You can modify the order of choices as par candidate’s wish with no restriction.
- To be considered for seat allotment phase, you have to lock the choices on the last day.
- The seats will be allotted to you as per your Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech) Merit List Ranking decided by your performance in Karnataka CET(BE/B.Tech) and the qualifying exam.
- The Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech) Seat Allotment will be done on the basis of availability of seats, preferred choices given by you and Result of Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech).
- After your seat allotment process, have to download the Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech) Seat Allotment Letters and pay the specified admission fees.
- If you are not satisfied with the seat allotted to you, you can participate in the subsequent Karnataka CET (BE/B.Tech) Counselling rounds.