Oct 10, 2015
Apr 21, 2016
May 03, 2016
KIITEE Bachelor of Design (Fashion/Textile) Counselling FAQ
1) What is the annual fee structure for 'Indian' students for Bachelor of Design(Fashion/Textile))?
The annual fee structure for Bachelor of Design(Fashion/Textile) 4 Years (8 semesters) Rs. 80,000/-.
2) Should the parents come along with the candidate at the time of counseling?
It is not compulsory. But, the presence of candidate is mandatory.
3) What are the documents I need to carry at the time of counselling?
List of documents required to be carried at counselling centre:
- Admit Card
- Rank Card
- 10th Pass Certificate
- 12th Mark sheet and Pass Certificate
- Graduation Mark sheet and Pass Certificate (for PG Aspirants)
- Diploma Pass Certificate and three years Mark Sheet (for Lateral Entry Candidates)
- Relevant Certificate of Reservation Criteria (for reserved category students)
- School/College Leaving Certificate conduct Certificate
- Demand Draft of Rs. 75,000/- which includes the counselling registration fees of Rs.10, 000 (Non Refundable) in favour of KIIT, payable at Bhubaneswar.
4) Can I depute someone as a nominee for counselling if I am not able to travel/ come down?
Yes, the authorised representative must carry the proper authorisation, fees and all the original documents required for admission.
5) Can I get a loan for study?
Yes,Joining KIIT ensures a high quality placement in future. Therefore Nationalized/Private Banks are coming forward to finance for all types of educational expenses of KIIT students including college fees, boarding charge, hostel messing charge and any other ancillary study expenses like purchase of computer, study materials etc. without any security.
6) Is there any provision for reservation of seats in KIITEE ?
Yes, the allocation of reserved seats is as follows:
Scheduled Caste (SC
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Physically Challenged (PC)
7) Do all students get hostel facilities?
Yes,There are separate hostels for boys and girls with round-the-clock wireless internet and intranet connectivity. About 30% of the hostel rooms are air conditioned. All the hostels have attached canteens serving good quality Indian and Continental foods. A dedicated international hostel accommodates foreign students. Each hostel has 24-hour reading room and facility for indoor and outdoor games.
8) What about Placement facilities in KIIT School of Fashion Technology (KSFT) (KIIT University)?
KSFT has a very active training & placement cell looking after mentoring of students and enabling them to plan for their future career. A team consisting of a full time coordinator, faculties, student representatives drive this vibrant cell. This team provides exposure to the students on wide array of jobs available in the sector of Biotechnology and allied areas in industries, institutions and organizations in India and abroad
On campus and off campus respective companies conduct interviews for selected candidates. Several leading Biotech Companies, pharmaceutical companies, bioinformatics firms, bioprocess corporations, Food & Beverages industries, clinical research etc are some of the fields where students are selected according to their interest and abilities. Students are regularly informed of any on or off campus interview by email so that students can willingly apply for desired jobs.
9) Is the University NAAC accredited?
KIIT University, formerly Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, is a co-educational, autonomous university located at Bhubaneswar in the Indian state of Odisha. The University offers under-graduate and post-graduate courses in Engineering, Bio-technology, Medicine, Management, Law, Computer application, Rural management, Fashion, Film Studies, Journalism and Sculpturing. It was one of the youngest institutions to be awarded the deemed university status (under the section 3 of UGC act 1956) in India and then the university status in 2004.