Dec 10, 2015
Apr 03, 2016
Apr 24, 2016
May 15, 2016
KLSAT Counselling FAQ
1) After completion of law course, what are the next best options available for me?
There are wide options/Career Options are wide for law students. They may move for LL.M. or any academic field, move for UPSC like IAS, move for practice in the judiciary, move for jobs in any law firms or corporate sectors, etc. It is your choice.
2) Which resources are available in your library?
Apart from regular text books, journals, law repoters, etc; our institute has also subscribed on-line legal debates like Manu patra and the laws.
3) Is the University NAAC accredited?
KIIT University, formerly Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, is a co-educational, autonomous university located at Bhubaneswar in the Indian state of Odisha. The University offers under-graduate and post-graduate courses in Engineering, Bio-technology, Medicine, Management, Law, Computer application, Rural management, Fashion, Film Studies, Journalism and Sculpturing. It was one of the youngest institutions to be awarded the deemed university status (under the section 3 of UGC act 1956) in India and then the university status in 2004.
4) Is there any provision for reservation of seats in KIITEE ?
Yes, the allocation of reserved seats is as follows:
Scheduled Caste (SC
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Physically Challenged (PC)
5) What are the Courses/specializations offered at KIIT University under KLSAT Examination?
Various Law courses that are offered by Kiit university are :--
6) What are the documents I need to carry at the time of counselling?
List of documents required to be carried at counselling centre:
- Admit Card
- Rank Card
- 10th Pass Certificate
- 12th Mark sheet and Pass Certificate
- Graduation Mark sheet and Pass Certificate (for PG Aspirants)
- Diploma Pass Certificate and three years Mark Sheet (for Lateral Entry Candidates)
- Relevant Certificate of Reservation Criteria (for reserved category students)
- School/College Leaving Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Demand Draft of Rs. 75,000/- which includes the counselling registration fees of Rs.10, 000 (Non Refundable) in favour of KIIT, payable at Bhubaneswar.
7) What are the placement status?
- School of Law of KIIT University has achieved an impressive placement performance for its 2016 graduating batch. So far 104 of total 113 eligible and registered students of its five-year integrated law programmes, BA.LL.B, BBA.LL.B and B.Sc.LL.B, have been placed.
- A record number of 39 recruiters participated in the campus placement process this year. They included reputed law firms like J Sagar Associates, Khaitan & Co. and Wadia Ghandy & Co.; corporate and MNCs like Deloitte, Bajaj Allianz and Ernst & Young; and legal process outsourcing (LPO) service providers like Mindcrest.
- With the placement process continuing till the month of June, the School is poised to achieve cent percent placement.
- The highest salary of Rs. 21 lakhs (post successful completion of probation) was offered by VDB Loi, an international law firm to a BA.LL.B. (Hons.) student, while the average salary in the batch was Rs. 4 lakh. Chicago-based LPO service provider, Mindcrest, was the top recruiter with 27 offers. KIIT School of Law was established by KIIT University in the year 2007 to meet the growing demand for legal professionals in the wake of globalization and rapid expansion of India's economy.
8) I am an Engineer/Doctor/CA/... and I want to pursue law?
Good for you. But be aware that there is no additional credit that you can get. You have to go through the same LLB program irrespective of your graduation degree if you want to practice as an Advocate.