Mar 01, 2016
Apr 25, 2016
May 05, 2016
Jun 01, 2016
MHT-CET - B.Tech Counselling FAQ
1) How do I convert CGPA to percentage?
Please contact the principal of your school / junior college for the conversion formula.
2) What are the criteria for reservation of seats in govt. colleges?
Reservation of seats for Maharashtra students in Government colleges:-
- 70% Home University seats reserved ( Based on MHT CET score).
- 30% other than Home University seats reserved ( Based on MHT CET score ).
3) 2What is important, Branch or College?
If you are clear about branch selection then college selection becomes secondary but if you are not sure about which branch to select or confused between 2 or 3 branches or ready to take up any branch then do give preference for good college (Good college means good CET score is required).
4) Are there any seats reserved for female candidates?
30% seats are reserved in every branch of engineering except Mining Engineering.
5) How to claim seats under management quota?
Well you sure can apply for one at any un-aided non-minority engineering college directly (no management quota in Government or Govt. aided Engg. Colleges). There are 20% seats available with such college management.
6) What is an autonomous institute?
Autonomous institutes are designated few institutes which has been allotted complete autonomy for running the institutes like designing syllabus, conducting the examinations. We have following Autonomous institutes like College of Engineering, Pune, Vishwakarma Institute of Technology, Pune, VJTI, Mumbai, Walchand College of Engg,, Sangli, UICT, Mumbai, SGGIE&T,Nanded. These institutes have proven track record for educational excellence so more competition to get into these colleges.
7) Is it risky to get admission for engineering in the time of recession?
You have got 4 years to enter into Job Market. Hope for the better tomorrow and concentrate on excelling your engineering studies. See section Careers After BE & B.Tech. for variety of opportunities.
8) Will JEE-Main be difficult than MHT-CET?
Well there is no official stance on whether JEE-Main would be tougher or easier than MHT-CET. But our experts analyzed results of a lot of students in for both AIEEE and MHT-CET in past years. Through our research we have found out that on an average AIEEE (Now JEE-Main) is about 1.42 times tougher than MHT-CET.
9) How does one select a college?
Students should select a college which offers an Integrated Program for Std. XI+XII + MHT-CET. Selecting such a college will help the students to synchronize his Std.XI, XII and MHT-CET. This avoids the unnecessary duplication of attending College and Classes separately and thus results in huge saving of time.
10) Which subjects should Engineering aspirants opt for?
We recommend that Engineering aspirants should take Bi-focal subjects (ofcourse along with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English). This will reduce their burden of studying for Biology and the 2nd language.