MAT (MAT - 2017)
Dec 12, 2016
Jan 29, 2017
Feb 05, 2017
Feb 26, 2017
MAT 2017 - Counselling Updates
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is an entrance examination which is being conducted every year for the admission to management programmes at various institutes across the country. Most of the institutes which offer management courses consider MAT score for admissions. The candidates can check the selection & counselling procedure of MAT here.
Selection Procedure: -
- The candidates who secure required a cut-off score in MAT examination are eligible to attend for the pre-admission process by various participating institutes.
- The candidates must be clear that the admission process varies from institute to institute.
- The candidates must note that most of the management institutes conduct Group Discussion (GD), Personal Interview (PI) and Written Ability Test (WAT).
- Among the three rounds, Written Ability Test (WAT) is crucial as it tests the candidate’s thought process and logical ability.
- A separate list will be published which contains the names of shortlisted candidates.
Counselling Procedure: -
Usually, the counselling procedure for MAT examination will take place in the month of June or July. The candidates have to follow the following steps while attending the counselling:-
- Initially, the candidates have to check their rank in the MAT exam.
- The candidates have to check the date of the counselling which is published rank wise on the official website.
- Later, the candidates have to check the course which they have opted for.
- The selection of the colleges will be followed next.
- The candidates have to check the documents required for the counselling.
Documents Required: -
- The candidates have to carry the printout of counselling letter.
- It is mandatory to carry the admit card.
- The candidates have to carry both original and photocopies of mark lists and certificates.
- Carrying the Rank Card is significant.
- Medical Health Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if necessary)
- Six Passport size photographs
MAT Counselling FAQ
1) Which all Institutes will be granting admission on the basis of MAT entrance examination score?
The number of participating Member Institutes may vary. The numbers of management institutes accepting MAT score keeps on changing from test to test.
2) Is appearance in MAT necessary for getting admission into PGDM/ MBA programme?
Yes, MAT is necessary for admission into PGDM/equivalent programmes offered by AIMA or other MIs who participate in it.
3) What should my exam strategy be to improve percentile scores?
Try to get an adequate exposure to different models of questions; prepare extensively with a time limit; compare your scores with a large database of students; analyse the Mock MATs.
4) Is it compulsory for a candidate to qualify MAT for all courses offered by AIMA?
MAT qualification is only required for PGDM/ PGDITM. For admission into other programmes like One-year Post Graduate Certificate programmes, and Advanced Certificate Programmes, MAT is not required.
5) What specializations are being offered in the PGDM programme?
PGDM specializations include: a)Marketing b)Finance c)Operations d)Human Resource e)Information Systems f)International Business.
6) What are the goals of the MAT process ?
Determine whether or not the brain is properly signaling to your muscles to contract when necessary. Identify which muscles are not receiving neural input by performing range of motion tests. Improve the stability of your joints by reactivating muscles and their ability to contract on demand. Provide a checks and balances system to make sure that any time mobility is increased, there is appropriate input and therefore contraction during this motion.
7) Whom do I contact for MAT Test details?
For all MAT related queries, please contact Phone : 011-47673020 / 24638896 E-mail : email@example.com.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place