Sep 30, 2016
Dec 02, 2016
Dec 11, 2016
Dec 19, 2016
MICAT Counselling FAQ
1) What are the placement status?
For several years, MICA has a record of 100%. The details can be availed of from the Placements Section on the official website.
2) Is the course a degree or Diploma course?
PGDM-C is an AICTE DIPLOMA which has been recognized equivalent to the MBA by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
3) How are applicants shortlisted for the second stage of selection process?
Applicants are shortlisted based on the following process:-
i.Psychometric test is a qualifier.
ii.Those who qualify on the Psychometric test shall be assessed for MICAT sections on Verbal ability, Quantitative ability, General awareness and Divergent-Convergent Reasoning.
iii.Those who qualify on the basis of relative performance subject to a minimum cut-off in Scaled Score** in each of the sections namely: VA, QA,GA and DCR shall be evaluated on Descriptive Test.
iv.Those who qualify on the basis of a, b and c as mentioned above and on the basis of relative performance subject to a minimum cut-off in Scaled Score in DT shall be considered for short listing for GE and PI. Shortlist will be prepared on the basis of MICAT-1and /or 2 or better of the two scores if a candidate has taken both MICAT-1 and MICAT-2.
4) What is the fee structure of PGDM (Communications )?
The programme cost for the PGDM-C for two years, including tuition fee, residential charges (Boarding and Lodging) etc is Rs. 14, 50, 000 (approx.)*
5) What are various course specializations at MICA?
The list is as follows:
c)Digital Communication Management
e)Marketing Research and Analytics
f)Social Change Leadership.
6) What is the annual intake under PGDM-C?
The maximum intake for PGDM (C) is 180 students.
7) What are the other “ON CAMPUS” activities at MICA?
MICA always encourages the students for extra-curricular activities for overall development. A number of events are run by the informal as well as formal student committees throughout the year.
8) Are there any student exchange learning programs which are being run with the foreign universities?
Yes. The details can be seen under the International section on the official website.
9) What is psychometric test?
Psychometric tests are a standard and scientific method used to measure individuals' mental capabilities and behavioural style. Psychometric tests are designed to measure candidates' suitability for a role based on the required personality characteristics and aptitude (or cognitive abilities).
10) What are contact details of MICA's admission helpline?
You can e-mail your queries to (email@example.com), or call+91-2717-308313 during office hours on working days.