National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Entrance Exam for M.Des (NIFT M.Des - 2016)
Oct 20, 2015
Feb 14, 2016
Jun 05, 2016
NIFT M.Des Counselling FAQ
1) How many heads of departments are there in NIFT?
Two –DEAN (A) and Head (AA).
2) Who are key persons at the campus level?
The key persons at the campus level are the
- Joint Director
- Campus Coordinators
- Regional Industry Coordinator
- Cluster Initiative Coordinator
The details of the centers and their contacts are available at www.nift.ac.in.
3) Are there any guidelines and Norms for Woman’s Grievance Committee?
Yes there are guidelines and Norms for women’s grievance cell. The same may be gathered from Page numbers 83, 84, 85 of the establishment manual. The establishment manual is available on www.nift.ac.in.
4) What does the standing Internal Advisory Committee does and how do they function?
The standing internal advisory committee has been constituted by DG –NIFT for transparent, objective and participative decision making. The details of the various units are Cleary spelt out in the establishment manual from page number 75 to 82.
5) What is the selection Process of various administrative and academic posts in NIFT?
The Selection process for various groups Academic, Administrative and technical posts in NIFT explained in the establishment manual from page number 134 to 142. It is available on NIFT website.
6) What is the conduct rules followed in NIFT?
NIFT follows Government of India; central Civil services (CONDUCT) Rules, 1964 as amended from time to time.
7) What are the specializations offered at National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) in M.Desgin ?
Following are the Specialization
Master of Design (M.Des.) - 2 years
- Design Space.
8) Is NIFT Degree recognized?
Yes. NIFT has been granted statutory status under an Act of Parliament of India in 2006, empowering the Institute to award degrees and other academic distinctions.President of India is the ‘Visitor’ of the Institute under the Act. NIFT is also a member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
9) Do you have reservation of seats for SC/ST?
Seats reserved for SC / ST / Differently Abled Candidates (PHP) / Foreign Nationals / SAARC /
NRI in each programme are as under :
- SC :- 15 %
- ST :- 7.5%
- OBC (NonCreamy) :- 27 %
- Differently Abled Person (PHP) :-3% horizontal reservation for Differently Abled Person (with 40% or more disability) cutting across all sections i.e. SCs, STs, OBCs Non-Creamyand General category. Campus and programme will be allotted on rotation.
- Foreign Nationals/ SAARC/NRI :- 15 % (Supernumerary)
- State Domicile :- 20 % (Supernumerary)
- State Domicile in Jammu & Kashmir :-3 5 % within 30 seats.
10) What is the intake capacity of National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)?
90 seats are filled up every year in the First year of M.Design. Course. These seats are offered in Kannur,New Delhi and Mumbai Campuses.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place