Nov 02, 2016
Jan 23, 2017
Feb 12, 2017
Jun 05, 2017
NIFT M.Des 2017 - Counselling Updates
- All the eligible candidates are required to register online at the official website of NIFT.
- No registration fee is required for the first round of counseling.
- The candidate needs to pay Rs. 5000 as the registration fee for all the subsequent rounds.
- On successful registration, a candidate will receive a system generated letter which essentially contains the documents required for the counseling and the details of the Nodal Officer.
- The candidate is required to attend the counseling session in the NIFT campus.
- After the allotment of the seat to the candidate, he/she is required to pay the notified fee immediately at the counseling campus. If a candidate fails to pay the fee, the offer will be withdrawn and the seat will be allotted to the next candidate on the merit list.
- In any case, no part or cash payments are accepted.
- After allotment of seat, the candidate will be issued an allotment letter /receipt duly.
- The parent/ student is required to sign Affidavit separately in Rs .10/- Stamp Paper.
Document required after qualifying the Entrance Examination
- X and XII Std. Marks statement.
- Grade Sheets of all semesters/ years of the qualifying examination up to pre-final/ final year as applicable. If in case the result is due, the date sheet /admit card for examination must be carried.
- The relevant documents for verifying reservation claim.
- The seats which are reserved for the state domicile quota will be decided by the address of qualifying senior secondary school/last attended college (qualifying degree).
- Parents income’s certificate e.g. Income Tax Return of 2016-2017, Salary Certificate of March 2017 etc.
- Medical Fitness Certificate which is to be signed by a Registered Medical Practitioner.
- Along with photocopies, candidates are also advised to bring scanned copies of the original certificates on a CD or pen drive for uploading on NIFT server during counseling.
- Bank Draft of requisite fee in favor of “NIFT HO” has to be bought. The name of the candidate, date of counseling, phone/mobile no., name of the program, category, rank and roll number are to be mentioned at the back of Demand draft
- Except for the medical certificate, all the original certificates will be returned to the candidate after verification.
NIFT M.Des Counselling FAQ
1) How many heads of departments are there in NIFT?
Two –DEAN (A) and Head (AA).
2) Who are key persons at the campus level?
The key persons at the campus level are the
- Joint Director
- Campus Coordinators
- Regional Industry Coordinator
- Cluster Initiative Coordinator
The details of the centers and their contacts are available at www.nift.ac.in.
3) Are there any guidelines and Norms for Woman’s Grievance Committee?
Yes there are guidelines and Norms for women’s grievance cell. The same may be gathered from Page numbers 83, 84, 85 of the establishment manual. The establishment manual is available on www.nift.ac.in.
4) What does the standing Internal Advisory Committee does and how do they function?
The standing internal advisory committee has been constituted by DG –NIFT for transparent, objective and participative decision making. The details of the various units are Cleary spelt out in the establishment manual from page number 75 to 82.
5) What is the selection Process of various administrative and academic posts in NIFT?
The Selection process for various groups Academic, Administrative and technical posts in NIFT explained in the establishment manual from page number 134 to 142. It is available on NIFT website.
6) What is the conduct rules followed in NIFT?
NIFT follows Government of India; central Civil services (CONDUCT) Rules, 1964 as amended from time to time.
7) What are the specializations offered at National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) in M.Desgin ?
Following are the Specialization
Master of Design (M.Des.) - 2 years
- Design Space.
8) Is NIFT Degree recognized?
Yes. NIFT has been granted statutory status under an Act of Parliament of India in 2006, empowering the Institute to award degrees and other academic distinctions.President of India is the ‘Visitor’ of the Institute under the Act. NIFT is also a member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
9) Do you have reservation of seats for SC/ST?
Seats reserved for SC / ST / Differently Abled Candidates (PHP) / Foreign Nationals / SAARC /
NRI in each programme are as under :
- SC :- 15 %
- ST :- 7.5%
- OBC (NonCreamy) :- 27 %
- Differently Abled Person (PHP) :-3% horizontal reservation for Differently Abled Person (with 40% or more disability) cutting across all sections i.e. SCs, STs, OBCs Non-Creamyand General category. Campus and programme will be allotted on rotation.
- Foreign Nationals/ SAARC/NRI :- 15 % (Supernumerary)
- State Domicile :- 20 % (Supernumerary)
- State Domicile in Jammu & Kashmir :-3 5 % within 30 seats.
10) What is the intake capacity of National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)?
90 seats are filled up every year in the First year of M.Design. Course. These seats are offered in Kannur,New Delhi and Mumbai Campuses.