Periyar Maniammai University entrance test(PMUET)-M.Tech (PMUET - 2016)
May 15, 2016
Jun 26, 2016
Jul 03, 2016
Jul 10, 2016
PMUET Counselling FAQ
1) What are the specializations offered in Periyar Maniammai University for M.Tech?
Various M.Tech branches offered by the Periyar Maniammai University are -
M.Tech – Master of Technology (2 Years)
- Automation and Controls
- CAD / CAM
- Computer and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Construction Engineering and Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Nano Technology
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Renewable Energy
- Software Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Thermal Engineering
- Wireless Communication Systems.
2) What is the fee structure for the M.tech programs at Periyar Maniammai University ?
Fee to be paid:- Rs-79,000 per annum.
3) Is the University NAAC accredited?
Periyar Maniammai University (PMU) is a deemed university in rural part of South India accredited by NAAC. The university headquarters is in the town of Vallam in Thanjavur district, Tamil Nadu, India. The university was earlier called as "Periyar Maniammai college of Technology for Women". It is considered as World's first women engineering college. Former president of India his excellency Dr APJ Abdul Kalam has visited the university in various occasions.
4) What are the things I have to carry along with me?
1. A copy of your Identity card
2. In case of one student a copy of Bonafide certificate
3. A photo copy of the conformation letter.
5) What are the Norms and conditions for getting scholarship in Periyar Maniammai University ?
- Students are eligible to avail any one scholarship only.
- Students can apply for scholarship only after paying full fees (as on stipulated date).
- The number of beneficiary to avail scholarship is limited to only 5 % of sanctioned intake, on first come first served basis.
- First Graduate students and other students have to produce necessary documents in original as proof issued by the competent authorities.
- The final decision regarding the award of scholarship rests with Periyar Maniammai University, subject to the decision of the scholarship committee.
- The scholarship is applicable for only in I year (regular) / II year (lateral).
- Condition for renewal of scholarship in subsequent years, i.e. for II, III & IV years the candidates shall,
(i) Obtain ‘O’ grade in attendance in all subjects in all semesters.
(ii) Obtain either A or B grade in individual subjects of each semester.
6) What about Hostel accommodation in Periyar Maniammai University ?
There are four hostels - three of them Annai Nagammaiyar, Vittobai and Swarna Renganathan hostel are for women and they can accommodate around 2000 women students and the Chakravarthi hostel for men can accommodate 600 students. Hostels are located within the campus in clean and calm environment, conducive for living and learning.
7) What about Placement facilities in Periyar Maniammai University?
Periyar Maniammai University has a creditable record of placement of its final year students and graduates. A good number of final year students plan to go for higher studies in India or abroad or turn entrepreneurs. As per recent trends about 80% of eligible final year students, who seek a placement, are placed with reputed organizations at the initiative of the University prior to their leaving the campus.
Students were placed in …
- Robert Bosch
- Dell India Ltd
- M/S Sathyam Compute and soon.
8) How is seat allocation done?
The first indicative seat allocation list may comprise of some additional seats over and above the total available seats among the participating institutions.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place