PU CET PG (M.E/M.Tech) -

PU CET PG (M.E/M.Tech) (PU CET PG (M.E/M.Tech) - 2016)

Pen & Paper | State Level Exam
Important Dates
Registration Date
Aug 14, 2016
Admit Card Date
Sep 04, 2016
Test Date
Sep 11, 2016
Result Date
Sep 18, 2016

PU CET PG (M.E/M.Tech) Counselling FAQ

1) What are the courses offered in PU-CET(M.E/M.Tech)?


  • M. Tech. (Nanoscience and Nano Technology)
  • M.Tech. (Material Science & Technology)
  • M.Tech. (Polymer)
  • M.E. (Chemical)
  • M.E. (Food Technology)
  • M.E. (Chemical with specialization in Environmental Engg.)
  • M.E. Electrical Engg. (Instrumentation & Control)
  • M.E. (Electronics and Comm. Engg.)
  • M.E. (Computer Science and Engg.)
  • M.E. Civil Engineering (Construction Tech. & Mgt.)
  • M.E. Mechanical Engineering (Manufacturing Tech.)
  • M.E. Electrical Engg. (Power System)
  • M.E. Biotechnology

2) Are the courses offered by PTU are approved by AICTE ?

Here are the courses that are approved by AICTE which are offered by PTU :B. Tech, B. Pharmacy, B. Architecture, Hotel Management & Catering Technology (Four year course), MBA, MCA, M. Tech, M. Pharamacy  .

3) Does the University have different standards for the various Compuses?

University of the Punjab has Quaid-i-Azam, Allama Iqbal , Gujranwala, Khanspur and jehlum campus and have the same standard.

4) What if I need to ask a question?

You can contact on given email/ Phone Numbers.

5) Is the University of the Punjab degree recognized?

Yes,University of the Punjab degree recognized.

6) How many campuses does the University have?

 5 campuses are there.

7) If I need some information about Scholarships then at which email address i can get this?


8) Are there any provisions for students applying in PU from out side of Lahore to have hostel facility in University of the Punjab?

Punjab University provide hostel facility to those who get admission in PU any department / institute on regular at morning time.

9) What are the required documents for Equivalence Form?

  • Original and attested photocopy of each degree/diploma obtained with English translation, if required.
  • Photocopy of transcripts year-wise duly signed & stamped by the issuing authority.
  • Proof of registration for the degree/diploma (a copy of admission letter etc. be provided).
  •  Printed/photocopy of the syllabus from the official record of the institution conferring the degree (English version only).
  • Documentary evidence of completion of studies abroad, (supported by original and a photocopy of passport with visa entries, University letter etc.)
  • Equivalence by Higher Education Commission, Islamabad.
  • Copy of National Identity Card.
  • A cop of Certificate of Registration of Pakistan Engineering Council/Pakistan Medical & Dental Council/Pakistan Pharmacy Council.
  • Equivalence Fee (Original Bank Challan) (Non-refundable).