Feb 10, 2016
Apr 26, 2016
May 07, 2016
May 20, 2016
SET B.Tech (Symbiosis) Counselling FAQ
1) Can I directly come for counseling without registering for the First Year admissions?
Registration is a compulsory step for First Year admissions.Without registration,candidate would not be considered for admission process.
2) Are we going to be informed personally about date and time of counseling?
The date and time of counseling will be informed through online, offline advertisements and postings on the website. Please refer to the website.
3) Are parents also required at the time of counseling?
Parents are not required, but one parent can accompany the candidate, if they wish to.
4) Should I bring all the fees at the time of counseling?
Yes, candidate has to bring a DD of Rs.1, 25,000 drawn in favour of "Symbiosis Institute of Technology", Pune, payable at Pune. The remaining amount of the first semester fee has to be deposited latest by 30th June for counseling of SET – 4th June, JEE (Main) - 11th June, and direct second year-18 June) .This DD is mandatory for seat allocation.
5) Which document I need to carry with me at the time Admission / Counselling.
A.Print Out of
- Entrance examination Score Card
B.Following Original documents with two attested copies
- 12th Mark list
- 12th Passing certificate
- 10th Mark list
- 10th Passing certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate/Leaving Certificate
- Gap Certificate ( If applicable)
C.Following documents two attested copies
- Caste Certificate
- Address Proof
- D.Two photographs
- E.Bank Demand Draft of Rs. 1,25,000/- drawn in favor of Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune, to be deposited at the time of admission
F.(Optional) To book seat in Hostel: Bank Demand Draft of Rs. 50,000/- drawn in favor of Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune, to be deposited at the time of admission.
6) If I have some other exam or admission process at some other college, then are the parents allowed to come and confirm the admission?
No, the candidate has to be personally present.
7) If the admission is confirmed on the date of counseling, can we confirm the hostel admission on the same day? How much hostel fee do I have to pay on that day?
Yes, the hostel accommodation can be confirmed on the same day. You have to deposit Rs.50, 000/- through a bank draft drawn in favour of "Symbiosis Institute of Technology" Pune, payable at Pune. The remaining hostel fee has to be paid latest by 26th June,(for counseling of SET – 4th June, JEE (Main)- 11th June and direct second year-18 June).
8) If the originals are submitted at another institute, where admission is already confirmed, then in that case, with the truly attested copies, can the admission be confirmed at SIT?
Yes, please bring the proof of submission of documents along with the attested photocopies.
9) .In case we register for the waiting list along with a demand draft Rs.1,25,000/- ,how much money, is refunded if we do not get the admission?
Full Amount will be refunded. Refund can be taken either by physically collecting the DD from the institute or you can email your refund request to email@example.com along with the detail address on which the DD would be couriered.