Symbiosis Entrance Test (Law) (SET Law - 2017)
Feb 03, 2017
Apr 23, 2017
May 06, 2017
May 19, 2017
SET Law 2017 - Counselling Updates
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) for LAW is conducted for admission to the various law courses offered by the Symbiosis International University.
- Selection of the candidate is done on the basis of both academic record in 10+2 as well as the SET entrance exam.
- The primary selection criteria is the score achieved by a candidate in the SET (Law) exam.
- Students who have qualified the entrance exam are called on campus for the Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds.
- Final selection is done on the basis of cumulative performance of a candidate in both the phases.
- The institute shares the cutoff marks for the SET (Law) exam basis which candidates are invited for PI and WAT rounds.
- Based on the overall performance, a merit list of qualifying candidates will be released.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to report at the college allotted to them and get their documents verified to secure the seat. Admission fees must also be paid to confirm admission.
The candidates have to carry following documents to the counselling: -
- Class XII Marks Sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable
- Transfer Certificate
- Address Proof
- Two Passport Size Photographs
SET Law Counselling FAQ
1) What is the intake capacity of SET LAW?
The total intake is 300 seats [Inclusive of 180 seats of B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) and 120 seats of B.B.A. LL.B. (Hons.)].
2) What is the annual fee structure for 'Indian' students for SET LAW ?
The annual fee structure for Rs. 2,35000/- (Includes Institute Deposit Rs.: 10,000/-).
3) Where are SET LAW courses offered?
The University courses are offered
- SLS: Symbiosis Law School - Pune
- SLS: Symbiosis Law School- Noida
- SLS: Symbiosis Law School- Hyderabad.
4) What are the key provisions of Reservation Policy?
As per the UGC guideline 2006, the reservation policy for all the institutes under the University is as follows:
Within the sanctioned intake:-
- SC - 15 %
- ST – 7.5 %
- Differently Abled – 3 %
Over and above the intake:-
- Kashmir Migrants – 2 seats per programme
- International Students – 15 %
- Defence Quota – 5 % for SLS-PUNE,SICSR and SCMS-Pune.
- Candidate applying for the above mentioned categories will be required to submit the supporting documents at the time of PI-WAT.
- Candidates applying for Defence Quota other than above maintioned three institutes (SLSPune, SICSr and SCMS) will be considered as candidates in OPEN Category.
5) What about campus placement?
The Placement Cell organizes the placement training throughout the year and during the programme a systematic profound development of every student is ensured. The students are trained, groomed and chiseled to be the best professional, with the combination of managerial and leadership skills, and a broad range of professional skills such as legal reasoning skills, advocacy and legal writing. The Cell also facilitates internship opportunities for the students in Law firms and Corporate Houses. The Cell has managed to place students substantially in placement opportunities from various sectors including PSUs, Law Firms, Banking and Financial Companies, LPOs, Judiciary and Insurance.
6) Can I directly come for counseling without registering for the First Year admissions?
Registration is a compulsory step for First Year admissions.Without registration,candidate would not be considered for admission process.
7) Are we going to be informed personally about date and time of counseling?
The date and time of counseling will be informed through online, offline advertisements and postings on the website. Please refer to the website.
8) Are parents also required at the time of counseling?
Parents are not required, but one parent can accompany the candidate, if they wish to.
9) If I have some other exam or admission process at some other college, then are the parents allowed to come and confirm the admission?
No, the candidate has to be personally present.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place