SHIATS(B.Tech) (SHIATS - 2016)
Jan 05, 2016
May 23, 2016
Jun 06, 2016
Jun 15, 2016
SHIATS Counselling FAQ
1) What is the Procedure of SHIATS B.Tech Counselling Process ?
Counselling of candidates as per the ranking in each category (Christian and general) will be done for admission to various undergraduate programmes. Information regarding date and time of counselling will be given on the internet. Applicants will be required to download their call letter for the counselling from the university website only.
2) What is the Counselling fee?
Counselling fee is the payment made by a candidate to show his/her seriousness/commitment in taking admission in any of the participating NLU(s). Counselling fee is not a separate fee, it is the adjustable advance paid which subsequently gets adjusted at the time of admission from the fee payable to the respective University by a candidate.
3) What are the specializations offered at Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences (SHIATS) in B.Tech ?
- B.Tech. Agricultural Engineering.
- B.Tech. Food Technology
- B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering.
- B.Tech. Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- B.Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- B.Tech. Civil Engineering
- B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering
- B.Tech. Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech. Environmental Engineering
- B. Tech. Biotechnology
- B.Tech. Dairy Technology
- B.Tech. Water Resource Engg.
4) Is the University NAAC accredited?
The university is a recognized member of Association of Indian Universities,Association of Commonwealth Universities,Indian Agricultural Universities Association and International Association of Universities.The university has been re-accredited with a CGPA of 3.14 on a four-point scale and has received an ‘A’ grade from the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). SHIATS was also accredited in 2009 by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and in 2010 by Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE).
5) Are there any Scholarships for meritorious students?
- Eligible Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Minority/General of Uttar Pradesh are given Scholarship by the Govt. of Uttar Pradesh as per G.O. No. 641/64-2- 2013 dated December 2, 2013.
- Eligible candidates of OBC / General are also be given Scholarship by the Govt. of Uttar Pradesh as per G.O. No. 641/64-2-2013 dated December 2, 2013.
- List of the documents to be submitted along with SHIATS Application Form for availing the scholarship:
- Caste Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Annual Income of the Parents should be less than rupees two lakh for OBC / General / Minority / SC / ST.
6) What are the rules and regulations for the admission to b.tech?
1. Candidates found using unfair means in the entrance test of this university shall be rejected and further debarred from seeking admission in the university in the future.
2. It is the responsibility of the candidate to furnish complete and correct information in the application form. Any admission made on the basis of wrong or concealed information supplied by the candidate or due to any oversight or error of the entrance test and examination division which is subsequently detected after the admission or joining of the candidate, will be cancelled at any time at the cost and the risk of the candidate.
3. Candidates against whom disciplinary action has been taken and who have been involved in any sort of established criminal offence in the past, will not be considered for admission.
7) Is there any reservation available on domicile basis in Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences (SHIATS)?
Yes, have provision of domicile based reservations for which the candidates are advised to refer to information brochure.
8) How is seat allocation done?
The first indicative seat allocation list may comprise of some additional seats over and above the total available seats among the participating institutions.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place