Aug 22, 2017
Dec 02, 2017
Dec 17, 2017
Jan 11, 2018
SNAP 2017 - Counselling Updates
Selection/admission process of Symbiosis International University (SIU)
The selection/admission process of Symbiosis International University (SIU) has already started from day SNAP Test takes place.
The symbiosis MBA admission process has a total of two stages, i.e. SNAP test and GE-PIWAT which consists of Group Exercise (GE), Personal Interaction (PI), and Writing Aptitude Test (WAT). Those candidates who gave both these two examinations will have to check the merit or wait list issued by Symbiosis International University (SIU).
So let us take a look at these two stages which are an inherent part of the (SNAP) Symbiosis MBA admission process-
1. SNAP Exam
2. GE-PIWAT Exam
SNAP Exam 2016
Candidates are required to take the SNAP test 2016 which is an MCQ test with four options for every question and the maximum marks will be 150 and of 120 minutes
After clearing the SNAP exam, candidates will be needed to give a set of three tests which collectively are called GE-PIWAT Exams. The scored marks of SNAP Exam 2016 will be leveled down under 150 to 50 marks and the maximum marks of GE-PIWAT will be GE - 10 marks, PI - 30 and WAT - 10 marks, then the total will be 100 marks. Also, Group Exercise (GE), Personal Interaction (PI), Writing Aptitude Test (WAT) will further zero down the candidates, and then the merit/wait list will be declared. These tests will be held in the institutes chosen by the candidates themselves in the application form. And if all these tests are cleared, then the candidates will have to apply for the institutes under the University they like, and the payment procedure will be carried out bringing SNAP admission procedure to an end.
Hence, passing both these stages is clearly not an easy task as it requires you to test your ability to all the extents of intelligence. SNAP Test preparation will itself give you a glimpse into the selection procedure of MBA under Symbiosis International University (SIU) and if you are able to pass these examinations, then this will also build a sense of confidence in the candidates to clear GE-PIWAT Test successfully. So, do go through the SNAP exam 2016 information for complete knowledge of the exam.
All Institute under SIU has reservation. The reservation policy for admission is as given below:
Reservation under Authorized Intake
Scheduled Caste (SC): 15%
Scheduled Tribes (ST): 7.5%
Differently- Abled (includes Vision Impairment, Hearing Impairment, Locomotive Disabilities, Mental Retardation, Multiple Disabilities and Dyslexia): 3%, This provision is made in acquiescence to Govt. Directives on disability guidelines issued by the office of the Chief Commissioner
Reservation Over and Above Intake
International Candidate: 15%
Kashmiri Migrants: 2 Seats per program
Also, for candidates who are under the differently abled category, they have to get an Authentication Certificate from Symbiosis Centre of Health Care (SCHC) under the first month of the beginning of the course as this authority will verify their documents and the extent of their disability.
SNAP Score based Selection Process:
1. Candidates are shortlisted for Group Exercise, Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test, commonly known as GE- PIWAT on the basis of their SNAP percentiles.
All SNAP-accepting institutes have a separate schedule for this round. Candidates are advised to check the same after the announcement of SNAP results.
2. A merit list will be prepared based on the following parameters:
- SNAP Score (out of 150, which will be scaled down to 50 marks) with a weightage of 50 marks
- Group Exercise or GE with a weightage of 10 marks
- Personal Interaction or PI with a weightage of 30 marks
- Writing Ability Test or WAT with a weightage of 10 marks
The total will thus be calculated out of 100 marks.
Separate category-wise cut-offs for qualifying into the Merit List as well as Wait List will be displayed on the websites of the participating institutes.
It is important to note that candidates who remain absent for any one of the above-mentioned component or test will be considered ineligible for the selection process of any PG degree programme of Symbiosis International University or SIU.
SNAP Counseling will take place in the month of February.
Procedure of SNAP counselling:
- A candidate must confirm his/her ranking based on the merit list. Further, he/she should confirm the counseling date from the SNAP Counselling official website.
- The candidate must decide his/her choice of course before he/she appears for SNAP counselling. However, the candidate will be eligible for that course provided he she/she obtains the minimum rank.
Documents checklist for SNAP counselling:
- Original counselling letter along with photocopy of counseling letter
- All the original and at least 2 photocopies of certificates of 10th & 12th class
- Original Admit card along with photocopy of admit card
- Rank Card / Hall Ticket
- Bank draft as per the guidelines mentioned in SNAP prospectus
- Original degree/provisional certificate if candidate is appearing
- Score card (if applicable)
- Medical documents mentioned on SNAP application form
- 4-6 Passport size photographs color and black and white
- Community certificate(SC/ST/OBC/Other) signed by the authorized authority
- Other supportive documents mentioned on SNAP application form
SNAP Seat Allotment Procedure:
Seat allotment is done on the basis of merit list. Candidate will have the option/choice to withdraw from the counselling.