Mar 01, 2016
Apr 23, 2016
May 01, 2016
SRMGEET Counselling FAQ
1) What are the courses offered in SRM University?
Examine the streams below to determine which engineering concentrations appeal to you:
- Architectural Design
- Automotive Hybrid Systems Engineering
- Big Data Analytics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Cloud Computing
- Communication Systems
- Computer Aided Design
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Construction Engineering and Management
- Electronics and Control Engineering
- Embedded System Technology
- Environmental Engineering
- Food and Nutritional Biotechnology
- Food Safety and Quality Management
- Genetic Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Information Security and Cyber Forensics
- Information Technology
- Internet of Things
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Power Systems
- Remote Sensing and Geographical Information system
- Software Defined Networking
- Solar Energy
- Structural Engineering
- Telecommunication Networks
- VLSI Design
- Wireless Communication and Mobile Computing.
2) Who can sponsor?
Only parents or blood relatives can sponsor.
3) What is the time duration required to complete counseling?
In the normal course, the counseling may take about 6 hours.
4) Is there any facility for us to stay in the campus when we come for counseling?
No, we don't have any facility. You have to make your own arrangement. However, you can stay at the SRM Hotel (Star Category) near the campus. You may contact them for availability of accommodation. The contact details are: Ph: 044-27454249, 27453156 Fax: 44 - 27454250,
5) Should we deposit the original certificates on the day of counseling?
No need to deposit, but you have to produce all original certificates for scrutiny by the University.
6) Is SRM arranging for Educational loan through banks?
SRM University plays the role of a facilitator in this aspect. Number of banks will be available in the counseling venue to process loan application and issue on the- spot in -principle sanctioning letter.
7) Should the parents come along with the candidate at the time of counseling?
It is not compulsory. But, the presence of candidate is mandatory.
8) Can parents attend the counseling instead of the candidate?
Candidates must attend the counseling.
9) Is the counseling fee / tuition fee paid refundable in case we withdraw later?
Please see the information under refund published in our web portal.
10) Can the counseling date be rescheduled?
11) Can we pay the counseling fee by cash?
No. All the fees have to be paid online or by DD.
12) What type of hostel accommodation do you provide to students?
SRM provides accommodation in the International Hostel strictly on a first come first serve basis. Two blocks of hostel each of approx. 6615 sq m has a total of 200 rooms, each room having an area of 20 Sq. m. that are meant for girl students Since these rooms are limited in number, the University will provide an option for an accommodation in domestic hostels for the remaining students, subject to the availability of rooms. Independent hostels have been built for men and women, and every hostel is decked up with all necessary amenities for a comfortable stay. Air-conditioned rooms (based on availability) are also offered. Two bedroom apartments available off campus where NRI & International male students will be accommodated on sharing basis. The University has apartment-style accommodation outside the campus for those who can stay in group of 6 or 8 and cook their own food.
13) What about Placement facilities in SRM University?
We have an enviable placement track record. There is a placement cell headed by Director and supported by Placement officers from all campuses and from all faculties. Most of the eligible students are placed in campus selection itself.
14) What is the procedure to withdraw from the program ?
- Before commencement of Classes:
- Application for withdrawal to be submitted online. Original documents of:-
- Provisional Allotment Letter / Enrollment Form and
- Fee Receipt to be sent to Director (Admissions)
- After commencement of Classes:-
- Concerned Faculty Directors are to be contacted.