SRMJEEE - SRM University Joint Engineering Entrance Exam(B.Tech) (SRMJEEE(B.Tech) - 2017)
Nov 01, 2016
Mar 26, 2017
Apr 01, 2017
May 02, 2017
SRMJEEE(B.Tech) 2017 - Counselling Updates
SRM University Joint Engineering Entrance Exam(SRMJEE) is being conducted ever year for the admission to B.Tech course. The candidates can check the details related to selection and counselling procedure here.
Selection Procedure: -
- You will be invited for counseling session based on the score obtained in SRMJEEE (UG).
- One or more counseling sessions will be held depending on the vacancy of seats.
- You can choose your preferred specialization / branch of study in a particular campus based on:-
- The cut-off score required for the specified specialization / branch
- Fulfilling the programme-specific eligibility criteria for a particular campus and
- Subject to the availability of seats at that point of time.
- If you are falling short of the cut-off score for a preferred specialization / branch for a particular campus, you can choose to retake the SRMJEEE (UG) to improve the individual score, subject to a maximum of TWO retakes.
- In that case the best score out of the three scores (first attempt + 2 retakes) will be considered while choosing/allocating the preferred specialization / branch, subject to the conditions laid out in above.
- A one-time programme sliding within the campus is permitted subject to availability of seats and eligibility based on cut-off score. The sliding will be considered, at appropriate time as decided by the university, ONLY for those who have submitted the option to be considered for sliding.
- Upon selection of specialization / branch full tuition fees and other applicable fees have to be paid at the time of counseling.
- Provisional Allotment Letter (PAL) will be issued to confirm your admission.
- During the counselling procedure, the allotment of seats and branch will be done.
- The seats are allotted based on your performance in SRMJEEE .
- The SRMJEEE counselling will be held online as well as offline on the campus of the University. The on campus counselling will be conducted from May 5 to 9, while online counselling will be conducted from May 11 onwards.
- The counselling detailed will be published on the official website within the stipulated time.
- You are also informed through e-mail.
SRMJEEE(B.Tech) Counselling FAQ
1) What are the courses offered in SRM University?
Examine the streams below to determine which engineering concentrations appeal to you:
B.Tech.Computer Science and Engineering
B.Tech.Electrical and Electronics Engineering
B.Tech.Electronics and Communication Engineering
B.Tech.Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
2) Is there any facility for us to stay in the campus when we come for counseling?
No, we don't have any facility. You have to make your own arrangement. However, you can stay at the SRM Hotel (Star Category) near the campus. The contact details are: Ph: 044-27454249, 27453156 Fax : 44 - 27454250, e - mail: email@example.com
3) What is the time duration required to complete counseling?
In the normal course, the counseling may take about 6 hours.
4) Should we deposit the original certificates on the day of counseling?
No need to deposit but you have to produce all original certificates for scrutiny by the University.
5) Is SRM arranging for Educational loan through banks?
SRM University plays the role of a facilitator in this aspect. Number of banks will be available in the counseling venue to process loan application and issue on the- spot in – principle sanctioning letter.
6) Should the parents come along with the candidate at the time of counseling?
It is not compulsory. But, the presence of candidate is mandatory.
7) Can parents attend the counseling instead of the candidate?
Candidates must attend the counseling.
8) Can we pay the counseling fee by cash?
No. All the fees have to be paid online or by DD.
9) What about Hostel accommodation?
Hostel accommodation is available. Hostel officials will be available in the counseling venue. You can contact them for all details. Also check the contact page in our website and correspond with the officials concerned.
10) What are the scholarships available in the University?
SRM University offers variety of scholarships for deserving candidates.
11) What about Placement facilities in SRM University?
We have an enviable placement track record. There is a placement cell headed by a Dean and supported by Placement officers from all campuses and from all faculty. Most of the eligible students are placed in campus selection itself.
12) What is the dress code?
As prescribed by the faculty in which you take admission.
13) Will it be possible to make payment of counselling fee in offline mode?
All the fees will be required to be paid in offline mode by using the demand draft.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place