Dec 26, 2016
Apr 22, 2017
May 06, 2017
May 19, 2017
SET (General) 2017 - Counselling Updates
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) for BBA is conducted for admission to the various BBA Programmes offered by the Symbiosis International University.
- Selection of the candidate is done purely on the basis of cutoff decided by the university after the announcement of the SET (General) exam result.
- The primary selection criteria is the score achieved by a candidate in the SET (General) entrance exam.
- Students shortlisted on the basis of SET (General) will be invited for the Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds.
- Final selection is done on the basis of cumulative performance of a candidate in both the phases.
- Admission process by all the participating colleges will be conducted individually after the announcement of SET (General) result.
- List of candidates who have been shortlisted on the basis of SET (General) will be called for WAT and PI rounds.
- You will be eligible for admission only to those colleges affiliated to Symbiosis International University for which you have applied.
- Based on the overall performance, a list of qualifying candidates will be released.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to report at the college allotted to them for documents verification in order to secure the seats allotted to them. Admission fees must also be paid to confirm admission.
The candidates have to carry following documents to the counselling: -
- Class XII Marks Sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable
- Transfer Certificate
- Address Proof
- Two Passport Size Photographs
SET (General) Counselling FAQ
1) What is/are the college/colleges covered for BBA under Set General examination?
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS] – Pune
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS]-NOIDA
- Symbiosis Institute of Computers Studies and Research [SICSR].
2) What is the intake capacity of Symbiosis University for BBA ?
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS] – Pune :-150 Seats
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS]-NOIDA :- 90 Seats
- Symbiosis Institute of Computers Studies and Research [SICSR]:-
- Indian Students: 240 Seats
- International Students (Including NRI, PIO and OCI students): 60
- Total: 300 Seats.
3) What are the key provisions of Reservation Policy?
As per the UGC guideline 2006, the reservation policy for all the institutes under the University is as follows:
Within the sanctioned intake:-
- SC - 15 %
- ST – 7.5 %
- Differently Abled – 3 %
Over and above the intake
- Kashmir Migrants – 2 seats per programme
- International Students – 15 %
- Defence Quota – 5 % for SLS-PUNE,SICSR and SCMS-Pune.
- Candidate applying for the above mentioned categories will be required to submit the supporting documents at the time of PI-WAT.
- Candidates applying for Defence Quota other than above maintioned three institutes (SLSPune, SICSr and SCMS) will be considered as candidates in OPEN Category.
4) What about campus placement?
The Placement Cell is an integral part of our institute. Our placement cell has been immensely successful in creating and maintaining a good network across top notch companies in all sectors, thereby ensuring opportunities to students for recruitment with promising career options. The students registering for placements undergo extensive training ranging from career guidance to soft-skill building. This enhances students’ confidence thus helping them perform better at the time of recruitments. Since its inception, SCMS-Pune has seen the presence of many successful companies who have offered our students positions in major domains such as human resources, marketing, consultancy, advertising and finance. Some of the companies which periodically visit our campus for the purpose of offering campus recruitments to our students include KPMG, PWC, Zomato, Food Panda, JLL, UPS, Tresvista, IKYA Global, Grofers, Edelwiess, GPW, Iplace, etc. Our alumni through the years have brought laurels to SCMS with their decision making positions in various organizations.
5) Can I directly come for counseling without registering for the First Year admissions?
Registration is a compulsory step for First Year admissions.Without registration,candidate would not be considered for admission process.
6) Are we going to be informed personally about date and time of counseling?
The date and time of counseling will be informed through online, offline advertisements and postings on the website. Please refer to the website.
7) Are parents also required at the time of counseling?
Parents are not required, but one parent can accompany the candidate, if they wish to.
8) If I have some other exam or admission process at some other college, then are the parents allowed to come and confirm the admission?
No, the candidate has to be personally present.
9) What are university rules for attendance?
75% attendance is compulsory for all students pursuing regular courses of study.