TANCET - Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test - M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Arch./M.Plan. (TANCET(M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch./M.Plan.) - 2016)
May 02, 2016
Jun 08, 2016
Jun 12, 2016
Jun 26, 2016
TANCET(M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch./M.Plan.) Counselling FAQ
1) What is/are the college/colleges covered under this examination?
There are numerous University Colleges under Anna University, Government and Government Financed Engineering Institutions along with many Self-Financed private colleges which are covered under TANCET for M.Tech.
The top colleges covered under this examination are:
- Government College of Engineering, Chennai (Anna University)
- PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai (Anna University)
- Government College of Engineering, Coimbatore
- Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore
- Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering, Thirupuror, Kanchipuram
- Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai
- A.C. College of Technology, Chennai (Anna University)
- Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Sri Venkateshwara College of Engineering, Kanchipuram.
2) What is the generalised selection procedure?
- The registration for TANCET begins in February. The last date for online and offline spot registration is usually mid February. Following this the candidate receives the Hall Ticket within a week or so.
- TANCET exam is conducted at March end usually and by last week of April the result is declared. Following this the Counselling process begins by July.
- Candidate must send the counselling Fee (INR 5,300) along with desired documents to the counselling centre (Anna University) to the address mentioned above.
3) What is the counseling process for TANCET ?
The counseling for TANCET is likely to be held in July . Applications for participation in counseling must be sent along with all the relevant certificates, counseling fee and GATE scorecard/TANCET scorecard to: The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Common Admissions (TANCA), Anna University, Chennai – 600 025. Venue of the counseling will be the university itself.
4) Which are the coordinating centres for TANCET ?
Following is the list of coordinating centres for TANCET :
- Chennai Examination Centre, Anna University, Chennai
- Chidambaram Annamalai University
- Coimbatore Government College of Technology
- Dindigul University College of Engineering, Dindigul
- Erode Institute of Road and Transport Technology
- Karaikudi Alagappa College of Engineering & Technology
- Madurai Anna University Regional Centre – Madurai
- Nagercoil University College of Engineering, Nagercoil
- Salem Government College of Engineering
- Thanjavur Kunthavai Naacchiyaar Govt. Arts College for Women
- Tirunelveli Government College of Engineering
- Tiruchirappalli Anna University Regional Centre – Tiruchirappalli
- Vellore Thanthai Periyar Government Institute of Technology
- Villupuram University College of Engineering, Villupuram
- Virudhunagar Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology.
5) Out of State Who is eligible to apply for Anna University Counseling?
Nativity - Applicant should be a citizen of India but not belonging to Tamil Nadu Minimum Qualification - As prescribed for Tamil Nadu Candidates Minimum Mark rules - Marks prescribed for Tamil Nadu candidates under GENERAL CATEGORY.
6) What are the documents I need to organize before counseling?
Mark sheets (All appearance) of HSC or Equivalent Examination Mark Sheet of X standard Transfer Certificate Permanent Community Certificate Card, if applicable Nativity Certificate, if applicable Permanent Residence Certificate for Other State Quota Special Reservation form with relevant documents, if applicable. Only attested copies are to be enclosed.
7) What are the special quotas available for TNEA?
Know the various categories by which students are admitted through single window counseling in Tamil Nadu. Some of the allotments are Sports quota, Ex-servicemen quota, Differently-abled quota and caste based allotment.
8) Who should submit Nativity Certificate?
Candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu having studied VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std or their equivalent examination in Tamil Nadu need not enclose a Nativity Certificate. However, students having passed any of these classes VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std or their equivalent examination outside Tamil Nadu should enclose a Nativity Certificate. Other state candidates having studied VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std in Tamil Nadu need not enclose Nativity Certificate, but are eligible for open competition only. (1890) .
9) Can I authorize someone else to attend the counselling?
Due to unforeseen and unavoidable reasons, if a candidate is unable to attend the counseling on the specified date and time, he/she can authorize his/her parent on his/her behalf and the parent decision will be binding on the candidate.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place