Feb 28, 2016
May 29, 2016
Jun 05, 2016
Jun 12, 2016
VITMEE - M.Tech Counselling FAQ
1) Can I take admission if the result of my qualifying examination is awaited or I have back-log/ re-appear/ compartment in the qualifying examination?
Applicants who are either awaiting their result or are due to appear for qualifying exam may also apply, provided they furnish/ submit the result of the qualifying examination to the university either by the last date of provisional registration or at the time of admission, or by the last date as specified by the university.
2) What are the M.tech programmes offered at Vellore Institute of Technology?
Programme offered at VIT Vellore campus :-
- M.Tech. Computer Science & Engg
- M. Tech. Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Cloud Computing
- M. Tech. Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Big Data Analytics
- M.Tech. Biotechnology
- M.Tech. Biomedical Engineering
- M.Tech - Energy and Environmental Engineering
- M.Tech - Structural Engineering
- M.Tech - Automotive Engineering - in collaboration with ARAI, Pune
- M.Tech - CAD / CAM
- M.Tech - Mechatronics
- M.Tech - Manufacturing Engineering
- M.Tech. Power Electronics and Drives
- M.Tech. Control and Automation
- M.Tech. Automotive Electronics in collaboration with TIFAC-CORE industry partners
- M.Tech. Nanotechnology
- M.Tech. Communication Engineering
- M.Tech. Sensor System Technology
- M.Tech. VLSI Design
- M.Tech. Embedded Systems
- M.Tech. IT - Networking
- M.Tech. Computer and Communication Engineering
- M.Tech Computer Science & Engineering (Information Security)
- M.Tech. Software Engineering (Integrated).
3) May I know about the hostel accommodation and the facilities available in the campus?
We have separate hostels for both boys and girls inside the campus. For hostel fee details you can refer the information brochure. The other facilities like, Banks/ ATM, Post Office, Cafeteria and Departmental Stores etc., all are also available inside the campus.
4) Can parents attend the counselling instead of the candidate?
For M.Tech Programme, it is mandatory that the candidate attends the counselling. However, if the candidate is unable to attend due to some genuine reason, we can permit parents to represent the candidate. In such a case, the candidate should give an authorization letter in favour of his/her parents. The decision taken by the parents is final and binding.
5) Under the Nativity state what should i fill?
Under the nativity state kindly mention the place where you have born. The candidates hailing from north-eastern states may have to produce the Nativity certificate at the time of counseling.
6) How is the student accommodation in VIT?
VIT, Vellore can be credited with having one of the best, if not the best infrastructure and facilities available amongst engineering colleges. Strict rules are followed in hostels and there is a time deadline. There are 13 boys’ hostels providing accommodation to 7000 students and there are 4 girls’ hostels providing accommodation to 3200 students. A gym, a swimming pool as well as paid Air-conditioning facilities are available in the hostels.
7) How are the placements in VIT?
At last, we come to perhaps what is the most important question of them all. VIT University, because of being a reputed private university is known for good placements. The university was credited for 3042 undergraduate placements in 2013-14 batch.
A total of 248 companies attended the university for on campus placements. Major recruiters include Accenture, Cognizent, Wipro and Infosys.
8) Is the university for the M.Tech Programme recognized by UGC or by AICTE?
VIT University or VIT, formerly called Vellore Engineering College, is an Indian institute of higher education and a deemed university under Section 3 of the UGC Act. Founded in 1984, as Vellore Engineering College, by G. Viswanathan, the institution offers 20 undergraduate, 34 postgraduate, four integrated and four research programs. It has campuses in Vellore and Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
9) What are the important documents need to be submitted at the time of COUNSELLING - CUM - ADMISSION?
The Candidate shall produce the following documents in original for verification, along with one-set of photocopies
while reporting for counselling. Candidates will not be allowed to participate in the interview without these docu-
- Admit Card of the Entrance Examination
- X and XII Std. Marks statement
- Mark Sheets of all semesters / years of the qualifying examination up to pre-final / final year as applicable
- Qualifying Degree / Provisional Certificate (If already received)
- Transfer Certificate obtained from the Institute last studied (If already received)
- Valid GATE score card for Candidates applying for M.Tech. (if applicable)
- Service Certificate/ No Objection Certificate issued by the Employer. (For sponsored candidates for M.Tech. Pro-grammes only)
- Community Certificate (for all categories except OC/ General).
- DEMAND DRAFT for Rs. 10,000, drawn in favour o f “VIT University”, payable at Vellore.