Jan 05, 2017
Apr 12, 2017
Apr 23, 2017
Jun 05, 2017
WBJEE B.Tech 2017 - Counselling Updates
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board(WBJEE) Test for the admission to Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) programme. Here is the detailed information about the selection procedure and counselling process.
Selection Procedure: -
- You are selected based on your performance in the entrance exam.
- After qualifying in the exam you should register in online counselling sessions by paying the counselling fee through e-challan at Allahabad bank.
- You should visit the official website of wbjee to register online.
- Two type of Students are eligible for counselling
Type 1: Through WBJEE
Type 2: Through JEE(Main)
WBJEE Counselling is expected to begin from the last week of June, and is expected to continue for one month. To participate in WBJEE counselling, qualified Students have to register themselves online. After applying online, you have to pay the counseling fees online and after remitting the fee, you can proceed to fill your choices for your branch and institute preference.
We present to you the entire WBJEE counselling procedure, the required documents and the tentative dates for your convenience. Read on!
- There may be three rounds in WBJEE Counselling
- Students online registration will be valid for the three rounds of WBJEE Counselling only
- WBJEE Board may conduct a fourth round for WBJEE 2016 Counselling in case if there are vacant seats left in the colleges. Students may have to register afresh for new rounds of counselling as per the guidelines of Board.
WBJEE Online Registration & Fee Payment:-
- All WBJEE /JEE Main qualified Students have to enter their WBJEE /JEE Main Roll No, Application No, Name and Date of Birth for getting themselves registered for WBJEE .
- After registering successfully for the WBJEE Counselling, you have to download the e-challan for paying the non-refundable counselling fee of Rs. 500. Counselling fee does not include any service charges levied by the bank. You may have to pay the bank charges as applicable.
- After paying the fee for WBJEE counselling, you have to enter the e-challan payment details.
- Note: Bank E-Challan Receipt must be kept safe by the you as it will be required for furnishing Admission Process at the WBJEE Reporting Centre.
- After fee Payment, Identity Code and Password will be created for the you.
- You must be very careful while filling and submitting all your personal, educational and fee related details as after submitting the details, no changes or modifications can be made in the data entered.
WBJEE Choice Filling & Locking:-
- You have to fill your choices of colleges and branches for WBJEE counselling according to your ranks in WBJEE or in JEE Main .
- If you are eligible for both WBJEE and JEE Main ,you can submit a single set of choices either against WBJEE or against JEE Main seats
- You need to register, fill choices and locking of choices only once for all the three rounds of WBJEE counselling. No in between registration will be accepted by the WBJEE Board for counselling.
- You must take a printout of your choices for WBJEE Counselling after locking them.
- Seat Allocation for the WBJEE Counselling will be against the available vacancies (as per the Seat Matrix received from the DTE, West Bengal) and the Student’s choice/preference.
WBJEE Seat Allotment:-
- WBJEE Seat Allotment will be done on the basis of the All India Rank (AIR) obtained by a you in JEE Main or General Merit Rank (GMR) obtained by a candidate in WBJEE .
- The locked choices by you will also be taken into consideration against the vacant seats remain after different rounds of WBJEE Seat Allotment.
- You must download and print the WBJEE Seat Allotment letters.
- Students, who will withdraw themselves from any of the three rounds of WBJEE Counselling, will not be allowed to participate again till the fourth round of WBJEE Counselling. In the third round, such Students may be given a chance to obtain admissions on the basis of the vacancies
Document Verification and Fee Payment at Reporting Centres:-
- You must get your below mentioned documents verified at the specified reporting centres and have to pay the prescribed fee in form of a DD drawn in favour of WBJEE payable at Kolkata.
- WBJEE Admit Card
- Print out of WBJEE / JEE Main rank from website
- Higher Secondary/Class XII (or equivalent examination) Mark Sheet
- Madhyamik/ Class X (or equivalent examination) Admit Card
- WBJEE Seat Allotment Letter
- Receipt of Online Counseling Registration Fee (E-challan receipt)
- Category Certificate if applicable
- Pwd Certificate if applicable
- Domicile Certificate if applicable .