XAT (XAT - 2017)
Aug 17, 2016
Dec 20, 2016
Jan 08, 2017
Jan 31, 2017
XAT 2017 - Counselling Updates
Xavier Aptitude Test or XAT is the second largest test taken by the admission seekers of MBA programme. More than 100 B-schools take this test and the many of them are in the top bracket.
Of these institutes, not all follow the same selection process. For example, XLRI does not have any cut off based on any of the following X, XII, graduation marks but some of the institutes do have. In most of the B-schools evaluation of candidates' academic competence will be evaluated holistically by based on candidates' performance in interview, group discussion, and XAT written test.
The most popular among the B-schools are:
- Xavier School of Management - School of Human Resource and Management (XLRI HRM)
- Xavier School of Management- Business Management (XLRI BM)
- Xavier School of Management (XLRI), Bhubaneswar
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Chennai
- Xavier Institute of Social Service (XISS), Ranchi
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship (XIME), Bangalore
- Xavier Institute of Management (XIM), Jabalpur
- SP Jain (SPJIMR) Mumbai
- Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan's Usha & Lakshmi Mittal Institute of Management (BULMIM), New Delhi
- Birla Institute of Management Studies (BIMTECH), Greater Noida
- Goa Institute of Management, Goa
- Institute for Financial Management and Research (IFMR), Chennai
- Great Lake Chennai
The selection process in most of these B-schools starts with the written test i.e. XAT. Based on XAT cut-offs, candidates are called for the Group Discussion and Personal Interview round. The criteria for final selection include the XAT score, candidate's academic record, overall profile of the candidate, work experience in months etc. A few may have another process that includes WAT, Group Exercise, Presentation etc.
If you are willing to know detail process please refer to the official site of the target B-school for admission procedure. Remember that you have to apply to the individual B-school to get a call. Once the XAT 2017 is declared, the B-school you have applied to will give you call for the next level of the selection process. However, NRI and Foreign candidates may apply through GMAT score (except Dubai and Kathmandu wherein candidates also have an option of appearing for XAT 2017).
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place