How to Prepare
DU Entrance Test-Master of business economics 2016 Question Paper Format
DU Entrance Test-Master of business economics 2016 News and Updates
University of Delhi conducts Admission Test for MBE(Master of Business Economics) programme. Here is the detailed information about the selection procedure and counselling process. Selection Procedure: - Students short listed on the basis of performance in the Entrance Test will be called ...Read more
DU Entrance Test-Master of business economics 2016
DU Entrance Test- Master of business economics conducted by the University of Delhi. Registration for admission to all Post-graduate courses of the University of Delhi for Master of business economics at the Department of Business Economics , University of Delhi is carried out on-line by the University according to rules and procedures described in the University’s Bulletin of Information, which should be read carefully before filling the on-line application form.
DU Entrance Test-Master of business economics 2016 Conducting Body
The University of Delhi was established in 1922 as a unitary, teaching and residential university by an act of the Central Legislative Assembly. The University which began life with three colleges and 750 students has now become India’s largest institution of higher learning and among the largest in the world.Presently the university has 16 faculties and 86 departments spread over North and South campuses. It has 77 constituent colleges and a few other recognized institutes. It has around 1,50,000 regular students studying in undergraduate courses and more than 3,50,000 students in the non-formal stream.
DU Entrance Test-Master of business economics Contact Details
|Address||Rugby Sevens Building, University Stadium, University of Delhi, G.C Narang Marg, New Delhi, Delhi 110007|
|Phone no||011- 27667702|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
DU Entrance Test-Master of business economics FAQ
1) How do I apply ?
- All the candidates seeking admission to the Postgraduate (PG) courses where the admission is based only on an entrance exam are required to register online.
- As a first time user, a candidate shall create the login details by clicking on the “Register Here” under the “New User” option on this web page.
2) Is the online registration mandatory for all the candidates applying for the PG/Master’s admission ?
YES, online registration is mandatory for ALL the candidates applying for the postgraduate/Master’s courses (listed in the Bulletin) in the University of Delhi.
3) I wish to seek admission only through the Direct (Merit) category. Do I need to apply through online registration? Am I expected to pay the Registration fee?
YES, online registration is mandatory for ALL the candidates applying for the postgraduate/Master’s courses in the University of Delhi, irrespective of the mode of intake. You have to pay the Registration fee as well.
4) I would like to change my “Applicant’s details”, which I filled during the “New User registration”. Can I do that ?
NO, you cannot change that information later on. Be careful in filling the information.
5) I would like to change my Centre of Entrance Examination after completing the online registration form. Is it possible ?
NO, candidate shall choose any one of the six cities for appearing in the entrance examination through the online registration. After completion of the online registration, the chosen Centre will not be changed.
6) What is the last date submission of registration form ?
The registration form can be submitted during the month of May.
7) In Which Month Conducts DU Entrance Test-Master of Business Economics Exam?
Generally this Exam conducts in the Third week of June every year.
8) Is it possible to get the Admit Card through postal mode ?
NO, the Admit Cards will only be generated online and will be available on your registration account.
9) When will I be able to download the Admit Card? Is it immediately after filling the registration form?
Admit Card’s download link will be available in your online account in the second week of July. Please visit the PG admission portal for news and updates related with the admission procedure.
10) Shall I sign on the Candidate’s Signature area of the Admit Card before appearing for the Entrance Examination?
NO, the candidate is required to sign on the Admit Card in front of the invigilator during the Entrance Examination in order to verify the Candidate’s signature.
11) Can I submit the fee through any other method, like demand draft etc?
NO, the registration fee is accepted only through the Online payment options available in the registration portal.
12) My internet got disconnected while filling the form. What should I do ?
When you get the internet connection, login again with your credentials and fill the information again.
13) Can I correct my mistake in the registration/application form ?
NO modifications in the form are allowed once fee payment is made. Before making the online payment, you can edit your application form.
14) I have uploaded the wrong Photo/ID Proof/ Signature/DOB Certificate/Caste Certificate. Can I change it?
NO. Photo/ID Proof/ Signature/DOB Certificate/Caste Certificate once uploaded can not be changed.
15) How can I apply in multiple courses? Do I need to make payment for other courses separately?
After completing your application for one course, you can apply in another course using "Apply in New Course" button on your home area. You need to pay registration fee separately for each of the applied courses.
16) How will I come to know the location of my Centre in the city I have chosen ?
The information related with the Centre will be announced on the PG admission portal. The information will also be printed on your Admit Card.
17) Can two candidates apply from the same account ?
NO, Only single candidate can apply from an account for PG Admissions.
18) Do I need to send Hard Copy of the form ?
No, You don't have to send Hard Copy of the form anywhere, if required you will be notified.
19) How can i upload self attested ID Proof/DOB Certificate/Caste Certificate ?
1. Take a photocopy of your ID Proof/DOB Certificate/Caste Certificate.
2. Self attest it.
3. Scan it and upload.
20) I am an Outside Delhi student. How can I apply for admissions at DU ?
You can apply for admissions by filling the Delhi University Admission Form. DU offers both the offline as well as online mode to fill and submit your applications.
21) What are the eligibility criteria for DU Entrance Test-Master of Business Economics admission ?
Graduate (Under 10+2+3)/Post-Graduate in any discipline, with at least 50% marks from the University of Delhi of any other University recognized as equivalent thereto.
22) What will be the exam structure of DU Entrance Test-Master of Business Economics ?
The DU Entrance Test- Master of business economics Duration is 3 hours.
The question paper shall be of 250 marks.
The Entrance Test will consist of multiple choice questions relating to-
English Comprehension and Verbal Ability
- Analytical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
- Quantitative Ability (covering Basic Arithmetic, Algebra, Calculus, Basic Statistics and Data Analysis) and Current Business Environment.
Test duration- 3 hours
23) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
24) Will there be any negative marking ?
Yes,There is a negative marking.
25) May I use calculator in the examination ?
No, use of calculator, mobile phone or any other electronics devices is strictly prohibited. All the rough work should be done on the rough paper provided to student during examination.
26) When are DU Entrance Test-Master of Business Economics Results Out?
10 working days after the test.
27) For how long is the DU Entrance Test-Master of Business Economics score valid ?
The DU Entrance Test-Master of Business Economics score is valid for just one year.
28) Will the results be available online?
Yes, on DU Entrance Test-Master of Business Economics website.
29) What does the “Final Aggregate” mean to update result for merit? OR What percentage do I need to fill in Update Result for admission under Merit?
Final Aggregate is the combined total of all the B.A/B.Com/B.Sc. (or equivalent) semesters (or annual) result together.
30) I have uploaded the Final Aggregate Percentage, which has been accepted. But then I was asked to print the form and it still reads Result Awaited.
Please check the print of the form carefully. There is a row after Education Qualification with the result you have updated.
31) Can I get fee concession? What is the procedure for fee concession?
Yes,there is aprovision for fee concession in most of the colleges but only after admission.You may contact college for details.
32) How is Master of Business Economics Course Beneficial?
- Master Business Economics degree with at least 50% marks makes a student eligible for the post of a lecturer in different colleges.
- This course is also beneficial for management students.
- Degree serves as a basis for further higher studies and research in this field such as M.Phil. & Ph.D.
- The course enables students to apply economic analysis and quantitative skills to real-world business and economic policy issues.
33) What are the colleges for Master of Business Economics at DU University?
- University of Delhi - DU, Delhi
- Bhim Rao Ambedkar College, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Management - IIM Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad
- Doaba College, Jalandhar
34) Will there be any disadvantage for gap year candidates?
No, there won’t be any disadvantage for gap year students; however, they need to upload the necessary documents while applying for DU admission.
35) How can I apply for hostel at DU?
You can purchase the application form along with the prospectus from the office of the Hostel at a cost of Rs 150 for general category/ Other backward classes students or Rs 100 for SC/ ST/ PwD students (Rs 50 extra is charged if a candidate requests delivery of the form by post. This amount needs to be paid by furnishing a demand draft drawn in favour of Provost, Under Graduate Hostel for Girls, payable at Delhi, along with a self-addressed A4 size envelope).
All applications for requesting hostel in a college must be duly signed as well as forwarded by the Principal /Head of Department of the respective College or Department/ Director - CIC.