Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT)-M. Tech. in Electrical Engineering (EEN) Exam Pattern
- Test duration- Two-hour
- Total Questions- 100
- Total Marks- 100
- Marking System –
- There shall be 1 mark for each question.
|No. Of Subject||10|
|No. Of Unit||24|
|No. Of Chapter||108|
- Mathematical Modeling and Representation of Systems
- Block diagrams and Signal flow graphs
- Routh-Hurwitz and Nyquist criteria
- Lag, Lead and Lead-Lag Compensators
- P, PI and PID Controllers
- State Space Model
- Coulomb's Law
- Gauss's Law, Divergence
- Effect of dielectric medium
- Capacitance of simple configurations
- Biot-Savart’s law
- Ampere’s law
- Faraday’s law
- Lorentz force
- Self and Mutual Inductance
- Programming and Interfacing
- Characteristics of diodes
- Characteristics and applications
- Combinational and Sequential logic circuits
- Multiplexer, Demultiplexer
- A/D and D/A converters
- Oscillators and Feedback Amplifiers
- Functions of single variable
- Limits, continuity and differentiability
- Mean value theorem
- Chain rule
- Partial Derivatives
- Maxima and Minima
- Divergence and curl
- Directional derivatives
- Theorems Of Stokes
- Gauss And Green
- Fourier Series
- First order linear and nonlinear differential equations
- Higher Order Linear Odes
- Partial differential equations
- Laplace transforms
- Numerical methods for linear and nonlinear algebraic equations
- Numerical integration and differentiation
- Matrix Algebra
- Systems of Linear Equations
- Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
- Solutions Of Linear And Non-Linear Algebraic Equations
- Numerical integration - trapezoidal and Simpson’s rule
- Numerical solutions of ODE
- Fourier Transform
- Laplace Transform
- Sampling theorems
- Conditional probability
- Mean, Median, Mode
- Poisson distribution
- Binomial distribution
- Regression analysis
- Cauchy’s integral Theorem
- Taylor Series, Laurent Series
- Solution Integrals
- Passive Filters
- Ideal Current and Voltage Sources
- Thevenin’s Theorem
- Norton’s Theorem
- Superposition Theorem
- Maximum power transfer Theorem
- Power and power factor in AC Circuits
- Network graph
- KCL, KVL
- Node and Mesh Analysis
- Transient Response of DC and AC Networks
- Cylindrical and Salient Pole Machines
- Electric Machines
- Equivalent Circuit
- Phasor Diagram
- Regulation and Efficiency
- Electromechanical Energy Conversion Principles
- DC Machines
- Three Phase Induction Motors
- Operating Principle of Single Phase Induction Motors
How to prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
Candidates are instructed to visit the Offical Website-
- Fill-Up The Name, Choice Of Centre, Choice Of Programme, DATE Of Birth, Year Of Passing And Percentage Of Mar ks Very Carefully.
- If a candidate is appearing in the H.S/qualifying examination, he/she must NOT enter any percentage of marks. Enter the year and percentage of marks of 10th class only.
- Similarly, if a candidate appearing in the graduation examination, he/she must NOT enter any percentage of marks in graduation. Enter the year and percentage of marks of Part - I and Part - II, and aggregate Marks.
- Photograph and signature must be maintained in proper pixel and aspect ratio.
- Choice of Centre: Proper selection of centers to be made.
- You are advised to ensure the correctness of your complete mailing address, PINCODE, e-mail address and mobile number.
- Please note that the University will not be responsible if you cannot be reached due to incomplete or illegible address, email, or mobile number.
- Options given in the Application cannot, in general, be changed at the later stage.
- The cost of the application is non-refundable.
- Select the choice of codes for programs for which you intend to appear at AUAT.
- Select the centers in order of your preference
- The final decision regarding allotment of the center for AUAT will be taken by the authority.
- Request for change of Test Centre will not be entertained.
- Candidates are cautioned against falling prey to any assurance/offer by any individual/agency for all sorts of Admission to Aliah University.