Aligarh Muslim University Entrance Exam (B.A-Hons.) Exam Pattern
Candidates preparing to appear for AMUEE 2018 must go through the AMUEE 2018 exam pattern in detail. By knowing the exam pattern of AMUEE 2018, desirous candidates get to know the overall format of the entrance exam. The AMUEE 2018 exam pattern includes details related to type of questions, marking scheme, time duration and the total number of questions in the exam.
Following is the detailed AMUEE 2018 exam pattern:
- AMUEE 2018 is conducted in offline mode.
- Each AMUEE course has different set of questions.
- The medium of AMUEE 2018 question paper is English.
- There are objective type of questions in AMUEE 2018.
- The total time duration of exams is 2 hours.
Exam Pattern for B.A. (Hons.):
Indo-Islamic Culture and Aligarh Movement
General Awareness and Current Affairs
Reasoning and Intelligence
|No. Of Subject||5|
|No. Of Unit||9|
|No. Of Chapter||84|
- Visual Reasoning
- Number series
- Letter Series
- Series Missing Numbers
- Odd one out
- Blood Relation
- Coding Decoding
- Direction and Distance test
- Ranking Tests
- Sitting Arrangement
- Linear Arrangements
- Matrix Arrangements
- Mathematical Puzzles
- Venn Diagram
- Strong & Weak Arguments
- Statements Assumptions
- Statements and Conclusions
- Statements & Inferences
- Logical Sequence of Words
- Verbal Classification (Odd one out)
- Logical Deduction (based on syllogism)
- Course of Action
- Causes and Effects
- Sentence Jumble
- Sentence Improvement
- Subject Verb Agreement
- Sentence completion
- Word Usage
- Idioms and Pharses
- Cloze Test
- Migratory Words
- Phrasal Verbs
- Banking and Finance
- Institutions of India
- Defence & Space
- Indian Judiciary
- Awards & Honours
- Indian Constitution
- International Relations
- Science and Technology
- Who's who
- Indian Industries
- Indian Agriculture
- Current Affairs
How to prepare
How to Prepare for AMUEE 2018
Before appearing for AMUEE 2018, it is indeed important for you to prepare for the exam effectively. Following the below tips and tricks may help you prepare well for the entrance exam.
While preparing for AMUEE, it's better to shift your focus to understanding concepts rather than rote learning, as it is not possible to remember each and every topic/sub-topic by heart. In addition, you should also try to solve complex questions that could enhance your concept-clarity.
Speed and Accuracy:
One of the most important ways to prepare for AMUEE is to keep a tab on your speed and accuracy. To enhance your speed and accuracy, take various mock tests and practice as many sample papers as you can. Practicing well can boost your thinking skills and accuracy of solving questions.
Always Note Down Your Mistakes:
- While studying for an exam like AMUEE, you must try to keep a track of your mistakes so that
- you can dedicate more time to your weak areas. Also, by noting down your mistakes,
- you get to know your level of preparation for the entrance exam.
Read the Exam Questions Cautiously:
In the exam hall, you must read all the questions carefully. Reading questions carefully help your focus on the question and you can then answer with great concentration that may help you cut-down on silly mistakes.
Instructions To Candidates Appearing For Admission Tests:
- The Admit Card shall be issued provisionally subject to the scrutiny of the eligibility. It is only after verification of the eligibility that the candidate would be considered for admission. Mere appearing or qualifying in the test does not entitle a candidate for selection/admission.
- Any discrepancy in the Admit Card, especially with regard to candidate’s particulars, must be brought to the notice of the Office concerned where the Application Form was submitted, by the candidate in writing before the commencement of the Test.
- The allotted Test Centre of the candidate shall be specified on the Admit Card.
- Candidates are required to bring their own Stationary Items required to attempt the Test.
- Eatables/Beverages (except drinking water) are not allowed inside the Admission Test Hall/Room.
- Candidates will be permitted to enter into the Admission Test Hall/Room only 15 minutes before the scheduled commencement of the Test.
- No candidate will be permitted to enter the Admission Test Centre/Hall/Room 15 minutes after the scheduled commencement of the Test.
- Handbag / Carry bag/ Mobile phone/pager/calculator /any other electronic gadget or any paper (other than the Admit Card) shall not be allowed inside the Admission Test Hall/Room and the University shall not be responsible for its safekeeping. If a candidate is found in possession of any such item during the Test, he/she would be deemed to have used unfair means and may lead to cancellation of his/her candidature.
- During the Test, candidates must maintain perfect silence and must not indulge in any conversation or gesticulation.
- During the Test, the invigilators will check the Admit Card of candidates to satisfy themselves about their identity.
- For OMR based tests, the candidates shall initially complete entries on the OMR Answer Sheet and the Question Booklet shall be provided to them 15 minutes after the scheduled commencement of the Test.
- The time (test duration) as specified on the Question Booklet shall be reckoned from the moment of its distribution.
- Candidates should use only Ball Point Pen (black/blue) for making entries in the Question booklet and the Answer Sheet/Booklet.
- Candidates should not use whitener/correction fluid for making any corrections in the entries/answers on the Answer Sheet/Booklet.
- No candidate will be permitted to leave his/her seat for the entire duration of the Admission Test, except under exigencies.
- Use of unfair means or impersonation in Admission Test will be dealt with severely as per the law.
- Students' Conduct & Discipline Rules of the University are also applicable to the candidates appearing in the Admission Test.
- Candidates should read carefully the instructions printed on the Question booklet and the Answer Sheet/Booklet before making any entry on them.
- Candidate should not leave his/her seat without handing over the OMR Answer Sheet/Booklet to the Invigilator.
- Violation of any of these instructions by the candidate or the instructions printed on Question booklet, Answer Sheet/Booklet, Guide to Admissions or as announced by the Invigilators during the Test will lead to cancellation of his/her candidature. Further, he/she may be debarred from appearing in any Test/Examination of this University.
- No request for re-evaluation / re-totaling will be entertained.
- The following cases will be treated under unfairmeans and the results of such candidate(s) will not be declared:
- The candidate(s) found with any electronic devices / Cellular Phone / Mobile / Pager / Calculator / Log Tables / Copying material / books / notebooks / bits of paper etc.
- The candidate(s) found talking to each other or discussing any matter during the examination.
- The candidate(s) disturbing other candidates in the examination room/hall and not maintained complete silence.
- Candidate(s) found removing any page(s) from the Test booklet and if any page(s) is/are found missing from his/her Test Booklet.
- The candidate(s) not following the instructions given by the invigilators in the examination hall/room and found arguing with the invigilators / other staff involved in the examination duty at the examination center.
- The candidate(s) found sitting on the seat other than that allotted to him, appeared other centers or appeared in another subject than that mentioned in the admit card.
Instructions For Omr Based Admission Tests:
- The candidate is required to make entries in all the boxes on the OMR Answer Sheet during the first 15 minutes of the commencement of the Test.
- The OMR Answer Sheet has two kinds of spaces for making entries – squares and circles. Squares are meant for writing alphabets and digits, while circles are to be shaded completely and uniformly.
- All entries are essential. Any error/omission on the part of the candidate, especially in Roll Number or Question Paper Series may lead to non-evaluation of his/her OMR Answer Sheet resulting in rejection of his/her candidature.
- Candidates should not make any stray marks on the OMR Answer Sheet. They should not fold, tear, roll or mutilate the OMR Answer Sheet in any manner.
- OMR Answer Sheet consists of one Original and one Carbonless Duplicate Copy. The candidate should not attempt to separate or displace them while answering.
- After the Admission Test is over the original OMR Answer Sheet and the Admit Card shall be collected by the invigilator while the candidate can take with him/her the carbonless copy of the OMR Answer Sheet and the Question Booklet.