Aligarh Muslim University Entrance Exam (M. Tech) - CE Computer Engineering Exam Pattern
- Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) Entrance Exam- M.Tech Entrance Test exam pattern is identical to gate mtech exam pattern.
- Test Duration- 2 hours
- Total Questions- 65
- Total Marks- 100
|No. Of Subject||11|
|No. Of Unit||15|
|No. Of Chapter||71|
- Concept of Layering
- LAN Technologies
- Flow and Error Control Techniques
- IPv4/IPv6, routers and Routing Algorithms
- Application Layer Protocols
- Basics of Wi-Fi
- Network Security
- Limits, continuity and differentiability
- Maxima and Minima
- Mean value theorem
- Vector algebra
- Matrix Algebra
- Systems of Linear Equations
- Rank of a matrix
- Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
- Random Variables
- Binomial Distributions
- Mean, Median, Mode
- Conditional Probability
- Bayes Theorem
- Propositional and first order logic
- Sets, relations, functions
- Partial orders and lattices
How to prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
The candidate who applies for admission is advised to carefully read the same and it shall be presumed that he/she agrees to abide by the same.
- Admissions to all courses of study as detailed in this Guide are open to Indian Nationals only. Candidates having other nationalities should refer to the relevant Guide for them.
- The intake to all courses of study as detailed in this Guide, except those specifically mentioned for AMU Centres at Malappuram, Murshidabad, and/or Kishanganj, implies intake at Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh only. However, the intake may change with the approval of the competent authority.
- The University reserves the right not to admit any candidate to a course of study even though a notification inviting applications for admission to the same has been issued.
- The candidate shall not be entitled to claim admission as a matter of right even if he/she is otherwise eligible. The University reserves the right to refuse admission to any individual without assigning any reason.
- Canvassing in any manner for securing admission shall render a candidate disqualified.
- Eligibility rules as specified for each course shall be strictly followed and shall not be relaxed under any circumstance. Candidate should satisfy himself/herself that he/she fulfills the eligibility requirements prescribed for admission to the concerned course of study.
- A candidate shall be eligible to apply for admission to a course of study if he/she has passed the qualifying examination and also fulfills all other eligibility requirements in terms of subjects studied, the percentage of marks, age, etc. The percentage of marks secured by a candidate at the qualifying examination, falling short by even a decimal fraction shall not be rounded off to the next whole number. Similarly, if the age falls short or exceeds even by a single day, the candidate shall not be eligible for admission.
- Candidates awaiting the result of qualifying examination may also apply for admission with the clear stipulation that in the event of their selection they will be entitled to admission only if they fulfill all eligibility requirements of the concerned course of study at the time of admission.
- Physically challenged candidates are provided a relaxation in age up to a maximum of five years in admission to courses which prescribe a maximum age limit, except for those courses where such limits are prescribed by statutory/regulatory councils governing such admissions.
- Changes, if any, made in the Admission Rules and/or in the eligibility criteria from time to time, shall be applicable to candidates seeking admission in the University even after notification.