Alliance Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test(BBA) Exam Pattern
- Total Marks- 50
- Total Questions- 50
- Test duration- 1 Hours
- Marking System –
- Each correct answer carries +1 mark.
- Each incorrect answer carries -0.25 mark.
|No. Of Subject||3|
|No. Of Unit||8|
|No. Of Chapter||79|
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Jumble
- Sentence Improvement
- Subject Verb Agreement
- Sentence completion
- Word Usage
- Idioms and Pharses
- Cloze Test
- Migratory Words
- Phrasal Verbs
- Banking and Finance
- Institutions of India
- Defence & Space
- Indian Judiciary
- Awards & Honours
- Indian Constitution
- International Relations
- Science and Technology
- Who's who
- Indian Industries
- Indian Agriculture
- Current Affairs
- Data interpretations
- Data Sufficiency
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Time and Work
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Ratio and proportion
- Alligation and Mixture
- Circular Track & Upstream-downstream
- Compound interest
- Relative speed
- Simple Intrest
- Angles, lines
- Properties of Circles
- Area and Volume of 2D and 3D figures
- Quadratic equations
- Number System
- LCM and HCF
- Permutation and Combination
- Height and Distance
- Linear Equation
- Arithmatic and Geometric Prograssion
- Set Theory & Venn Diagram
- Geometry and Mensuration
- Properties of Quadrilaterals
- Properties of Triangles
How to prepare
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Candidates need to attempt each question in less than 80 seconds. Selection of questions is crucial here.
Aspirants should focus on core topics and theory. The chief strategy should be to attempt familiar questions and leave non-familiar/non-comfortable questions. Candidates should be able to decide this within 10 seconds.
Speed will be also very critical. Apart from learning to select a question, candidates should also to reject a question in less than 10 seconds.
Expect some calculation-heavy problems. These questions are meant to be left alone. Give it a try only if are not very close.
So focus on the basic quant syllabus. For Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, revise the Class 5-10 NCERT school books. Since fast calculations can save time, practice with tables, squares, cubes and decimal-fraction conversions.
Logical reasoning is comparatively more important than Quant and Data Interpretation in management entrance examination as many an exam has reasoning questions with double weight age. Questions in LR range from Numerical reasoning, Decision Making to Verbal Logic. Logical Reasoning can be practiced using puzzle books and other books on reasoning. You can also profit from working with books such as R S Aggarwal’s book on Reasoning available easily.
Language skills section usually consists of grammar, reading comprehension. So focus on basic grammar rules that you learned during your school days. Candidates need to focus on an overall strategy while preparing for verbal sections because most competitive exams have a similar syllabus.
While revising GK/Current Awareness, candidates need to go through top news stories regularly. Apart from that, focus on General Awareness Questions and static topics.
However, it would be advisable for a student to work on his/her speed mathematics as some of the questions under Data Interpretation tend to be calculation intensive.
For preparation on General Awareness, in addition to reading newspapers regularly, it would be advisable for a student to prepare from the following sources:
- In the various issues of Careers magazines on MBA focus on features like Business GK, Current Issues & Events, and Current Event Chronicle.
- In addition to the above, please run through the GK Model Papers feature titled, improve your GK.
- Go through the GA Notes (Study Material) for stock GK (like history and geography).
- Manorama & CSR Year Book - it helps in preparation for stock type questions
- In Manorama Year Book and CSR, please focus on the following chapters.
- Who is who
- What is what
- Science scan
- Human body
- Landmarks of history
- The Universe
Students are required to abide by the following terms and conditions upon admission to the courses offered by Alliance University.
- Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this prospectus and it is issued on the express condition that all matters in it are subject to change from time to time without notice.
- While Alliance University will make all reasonable endeavors to deliver the courses of study and other educational services as set out in this prospectus, circumstances may change prompting Alliance University to reserve the right to vary the content and delivery of courses and programs, to either discontinue or combine courses and programs or to discontinue educational services.
- The subject titles, descriptions and contents are subject to change based on the University guidelines.
- The fee schedule for the courses offered by the Alliance can be downloaded at Offical Website Fees payable for the courses offered by the Alliance University are subject to review periodically.
- Ensuring that fees are paid before the announced due dates is the sole responsibility of the student. Non-payment of the prescribed fees within the due dates will result in the cancellation of the registration to the course or promotion to the subsequent semester/year.
- Students will also be liable for any travel and accommodation costs incurred for placement. For certain courses, students may incur additional specific charges for such items or activities as sports and games fees, specialized material or field trips. Alliance University reserves the right to make additional charges to students for such activities.
- Alliance University may withdraw or amend its offer of admission, or terminate the registration, if it is found that either a false or a misleading statement has been made or that significant information has either been omitted or withheld in a candidate's application form.
- Alliance University does not accept responsibility and expressly excludes all liability that may result from any loss, damage or injury caused to a student or to the student's property.
- Students enrolled in the courses offered by Alliance University are required to sign an undertaking at the time of the commencement of the academic year consenting to abide by the rules, regulations and the code of conduct of Alliance University.