Banasthali University Aptitude Test For B.des. Exam Pattern
- Test duration- 2 Hours
- Total Marks- 40
- Total Questions- 40
- Marking System –
- There shall be 1 mark for each question.
|No. Of Subject||4|
|No. Of Unit||9|
|No. Of Chapter||85|
- Visual Reasoning
- Critical Reasoning
- Number series
- Letter Series
- Series Missing Numbers
- Odd one out
- Blood Relation
- Coding Decoding
- Direction and Distance test
- Ranking Tests
- Sitting Arrangement
- Linear Arrangements
- Matrix Arrangements
- Mathematical Puzzles
- Venn Diagram
- Strong & Weak Arguments
- Statements Assumptions
- Statements and Conclusions
- Statements & Inferences
- Logical Sequence of Words
- Verbal Classification (Odd one out)
- Logical Deduction (based on syllogism)
- Course of Action
- Causes and Effects
- Banking and Finance
- Institutions of India
- Defence & Space
- Indian Judiciary
- Awards & Honours
- Indian Constitution
- International Relations
- Science and Technology
- Who's who
- Indian Industries
- Indian Agriculture
- Current Affairs
- Data interpretations
- Data Sufficiency
- Circular Track & Upstream-downstream
- Compound interest
- Relative speed
- Simple Intrest
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Time and Work
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Ratio and proportion
- Alligation and Mixture
- Angles, lines
- Properties of Circles
- Area and Volume of 2D and 3D figures
- Quadratic equations
- Number System
- LCM and HCF
- Permutation and Combination
- Height and Distance
- Linear Equation
- Arithmatic and Geometric Prograssion
- Set Theory & Venn Diagram
- Geometry and Mensuration
- Properties of Quadrilaterals
- Properties of Triangles
How to prepare
Make a proper Schedule of studies
It is very important that you make a schedule of studies and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Focus on Concept clarity
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the concepts and formulae rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
Arm yourself with relevant Notes
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Go to a mentor and seek guidance
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed of and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Keep piles of Sample Papers
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
Write Mock tests
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Beat the Ticking Demon
Every exam calls for answering a maximum number of questions within a stipulated time. Hence, time management is very important. It can be mastered through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right. An applicant who is found eligible according to the above criterion in a particular year shall continue to be considered as eligible for the subsequent 3 years.
- Academic activity of the students will be strictly guided by the Academic rules and decisions taken by Academic Bodies from time to time.
- Admission to Banasthali shall be open to women only.
- Admission of married students shall not be possible in any other courses except to the postgraduate courses.
- In post-graduate courses too, on very special circumstances only, the married students will be provided admission.
- After being admitted to courses, if a student gets married before attaining the age of 18 years, her admission shall be canceled from the Vidyapith.
- Admission will be open to all women irrespective of their race, religion, caste, color or domicile.
- Every student seeking admission to Banasthali shall submit an application on the prescribed form and pay the requisite fee by the prescribed date.
- Under extraordinary circumstances, the Vice Chancellor, with the approval of the President can relax any condition except the minimum eligibility, but all such cases will have to be placed before the Executive Council for concurrence.
Foreign Nationals & NRI/NRI Sponsored Admissions
A limited number of seats are available for Foreign Nationals & NRI/NRI sponsored candidates. Admissions against these seats are based directly upon the merit and the applicants do not have to appear in the Aptitude Test. The minimum eligibility for Foreign Nationals & NRI/NRI sponsored candidates is 40% marks in the qualifying examination.
The following documents are required for admission against Foreign Nationals & NRI/NRI sponsored seats:
- Original Certificate/Marksheet of the qualifying examination
- Attested photocopies of the passport and Visa of the applicant/guardian.
- Foreign Bank Account Number or NRI Account Number of the applicant/guardian.
- Declaration regarding Non-Resident Indian status of the applicant/guardian.
Once the student is admitted to a program as a Foreign Nationals & NRI/NRI sponsored student then she will remain in this category for the full duration of the program. University decision regarding a Foreign Nationals & NRI/NRI sponsored admission will be final and will have to be adhered to by the applicant.
Re-admission: If a student is separated from Banasthali University or Shri Shantabai Shiksha Kutir and in the event, the University decides to readmit her, an admission fee of Rs. 5000/- shall be payable. The admission of a student shall be automatically canceled due to the unauthorized absence of three days or more.
Absence without prior written permission from the Vidyapith shall be treated as an unauthorized absence.