Courses & Exams
News & Articles
Courses & Exams
News & Articles
BHU PET LLM Exam Pattern
- Test Duration- 120 minutes
- Total Questions- 150
- Total Marks – 450
- Marks per question – 3 marks for the correct question.
How to prepare
- It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
- It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
- It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
- Candidates need to attempt each question in less than 80 seconds. Selection of questions is crucial here.
- Aspirants should focus on core topics and theory. The chief strategy should be to attempt familiar questions and leave non-familiar/non-comfortable questions. Candidates should be able to decide this within 10 seconds.
- Speed will be also very critical. Apart from learning to select a question, candidates should also to reject a question in less than 10 seconds.
- Expect some calculation-heavy problems. These questions are meant to be left alone. Give it a try only if are not very close.
For all sections acquire Materials for Preparation
- Logical Reasoning Quantitative Ability – Books from a reputed publisher by any good Author.
- GK and English: Pratiyogita Darpan and Competition Success Review.
- Reasoning- Books from Pearson or Arihant publications.
Duration : 120 Minutes
- The Candidate must carry his/her valid Admit Card for the concerned Entrance Test. He/She must occupy only his/her allotted seat as per his/her Roll Number in the seating arrangement made for the concerned Test.
- No Candidate will be allowed entry to the Test Hall after 30 minutes of the start of the Entrance Test.
- No Candidate shall be allowed to leave the Test Hall till the end of the Test.
- There is no provision to provide or permit a ‘writer’ in the Entrance Test except for blind candidates, who will be provided ‘writers’ on request.
- The Candidates shall be checked for any resource materials frequently and at random by the Invigilators and other staff conducting the Test, routinely and also on the slightest doubt.
- Calculators/watch calculators, electronic diary, pager, mobile phones, earphones, alarm clock, digital watches with memory, slide rule, etc. are not allowed in the examination hall. Also, carrying of licensed weapons, fire arms, tools which can be used as lethal weapons are not allowed in the examination hall.
- The Entrance Examination of a candidate shall be cancelled in case of any of the following actions by a candidate:
- Relevant or irrelevant resource material or loose paper found on his/her possession, or, lying on or around his/her seat, Possession of any unauthorized instrument or equipment as mentioned at (vi) above/document/paper/ information materials or any resource materials, Communication of information in writing or verbally or exchange of Question Booklet/Answer Sheets to and from any other person during the Test period and any other malpractice amounting to obtaining undue advantage, Writing anything in the Admit Card, Carrying of the envelope of the Admit Card into the examination hall, Any alterations or corrections in the entries made by a candidate in Question Booklet and OMR Sheet [Roll Number in words & figures and OMR sheet no. in Question Booklet and Roll Number, Question Booklet no. and Set no. (if any) in OMR sheet] but not duly verified by the invigilator concerned, Non-matching of signature made at the time of Entrance Test with that already done at the time of filling of Application Form.
- The Entrance Examination of a candidate shall be cancelled and candidate shall be debarred to appear from future Entrance Tests in case of any of the following actions by a candidate:
- Tampering with the Admit Card including that of the photograph, Face not resembling the photograph on the Admit Card, Not occupying the allotted seat, Tampering/disturbing the seating arrangements, Smuggling-out or smuggling-in Question Booklet in part or in full, or Test material, or any resource material connected with the Test, Making any attempt to influence the University authorities directly or indirectly, disturbing or trying to disturb the Entrance Test, Noting down the questions or their answers, Shouting of slogans or creating unruly scene at the examination hall/examination centre/University campus.
- Impersonation is a legally punishable offence. No Candidate will be permitted to appear in the Test without a valid Admit Card. The Admit Card should be presented to the invigilators/other authorized officials for verification. The candidate’s identity will be verified in respect of his/her details on the Admit Card. If the identity is in doubt, the candidate may not be allowed to appear in the Test. The authorities may at their discretion provisionally permit the candidate to appear in the Test aftern completing formalities including taking of thumb impression/several signatures for further verification. No extra time will be granted for these formalities to be completed.
- Similarly, at the time of Counseling, the candidate’s identity will be verified from the documents available with the University and in case of any doubt, his/her admission will be deferred till final verification. A person found to impersonate a candidate shall be handed over to the Police under an FIR lodged by the University. The candidate in reference shall be debarred from future Entrance Tests of the University. A student or employee of the University if found to impersonate in the Entrance Test will be respectively rusticated or dismissed from the University service.
- Suppression/concealment of information: The candidate must ensure that he/she is qualified to appear in the Entrance Test. If it is detected at any stage that he/she did not fulfill the minimum qualifications, or, there was something against the candidate which would have prevented him/her from being admitted in the concerned subject/course, or, the candidate has provided false information or no information about his/her previous involvement in an act punishable under law or act of gross misconduct and indiscipline, then his/her candidature shall not be considered and his/her admission, if already made, shall be cancelled at any stage and he/she shall be debarred from appearing in any of the future Entrance Tests of the University.
- Nobody other than the University authorized personnel is permitted to move around the Test venue. Any unauthorized person loitering around the Test venue shall be handed over to the police under an FIR lodged by the University.
- No scrutiny/re-evaluation of answer sheet of PET is allowed in any case at any stage.
- The candidate shall be bound by the BHU Statutes/ Ordinances/Rules and Regulations framed from time to time.
- Any litigation in respect of the PET shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the local Court of Varanasi and/or Hon’ble High Court of Judicature at Allahabad only.
- For any interpretational difficulties, the interpretation through English language shall be deemed as correct.
Important instruction :
- The e-mail id and mobile number are required for downloading
- the admit card (to appear in the entrance test),
- call letter (to appear in the counseling),
- for enrollment (after admission) and for filling examination form of regular examinations. Therefore, candidates are advised to note down the e-mail id and password and not to change the mobile number. Various messages relating to issue of admit card, admission etc. are sent to the registered mobile number only.
- Before starting to fill the application get your photograph and signature scanned. Only jpg format is accepted. The photograph size should not be more than 100 KB for the photograph and 100 KB for signature (100 DPI and crop the image of signature to an approximate size of around 5 cm x 1.5 cm).
- For scanning purpose use black sketch pen for signature.
- You have to affix your photograph on the print out of admit card. Therefore, keep sufficient copies of the photograph you are using for Scanning.