May 01, 2016
Jun 12, 2016
Jun 26, 2016
ILICAT 2016 - Exam Pattern
Exam Paper Type : Online | Exam Duration : 2.5 Hr
|Part - I (English Language and General Knowledge)||30 Minutes||40||40|
|Part-II (Jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, IPC, Public International Law,Commercial Law (Contract and Specific Relief Act, Partnership and Sale of Goods Act), Law of Torts, Law of Limitation and Environmental Law)||100 Minutes||100||100|
|Part - III (legal writing skills)||20 Minutes||20||4|
Total Marks - 160
Total Questions - 144
Total Duration - 2 Hours 30 Minutes
Marking System -
- Part-I and Part-II carrying 1 mark for correct answer and having negative marking of 1/4 mark per question.
- Part-III carrying 5 mark for every correct answer.
- Part-III will contain 4 subjective type questions to be answered in not more than 150 words to test the legal writing skills of the candidate.
ILICAT 2016 Syllabus
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Jumble
- Sentence Improvement
- Subject Verb Agreement
- Sentence completion
- Word Usage
- Idioms and Pharses
- Cloze Test
- Migratory Words
- Phrasal Verbs
- Banking and Finance
- Institutions of India
- Defence & Space
- Indian Judiciary
- Awards & Honours
- Indian Constitution
- International Relations
- Science and Technology
- Who's who
- Indian Industries
- Indian Agriculture
- Current Affairs
- Hindu Law And Muslim Law
- Essential Elements Of Contract
- Types Of Contract
- Breach Of Contract & Damages
- Performance Of Contract
- Discharge Of Contract
- Specific Contracts
- General Defenses & Capacity
- Vicarious Liability & Vicarious Liability Of State
- Remoteness Of Damage
- Essentials & Defences & Nuisance
- General Principles
- Stages Of Crime Offences
- Right Of Private Defense Of The Body And Of Property
ILICAT Exam Prepartions FAQ
1) What are the eligibility criteria for appearing in ILICAT?
- LL.B. Degree (with not less than 50% marks) from any University / Institution recognized by Bar Council of India as eligible for enrolment as an advocate in India.(5%Relaxation in the requirement of marks for Reserved Categories of candidates for deciding the eligibility.
- A Law Degree from a foreign country with at least 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade.
2) I am appearing final year LLB Students. Can I apply for the exam?
Yes, You Can.
3) I am a General class candidate and got less than 50% (in the range of 40-50%) in my graduation. Am I eligible for ILICAT LLM Entrance Exam?
No,you are not allowed but if you are belonging to resreved category you are allowed.
4) Can I take admission if the result of my qualifying examination is awaited or I have back-log/ re-appear/ compartment in the qualifying examination?
Applicants who are either awaiting their result or are due to appear for qualifying exam may also apply, provided they furnish/ submit the result of the qualifying examination to the university either by the last date(15th sept.) of provisional registration or at the time of admission, or by the last date as specified by the university.
5) May I use calculator in the examination?
No, use of calculator, mobile phone or any other electronics devices is strictly prohibited. All the rough work should be done on the rough paper provided to student during examination.
6) Graduation marks have not been announced for my College. What should I do?
Please leave the fields blank where Graduation marks details are asked in phase I form if your results are not yet announced. You can fill these details in phase II form.