International Institute of Information Technology(IIIT-Lateral Entry to Dual Degree Programs) (IIIT-Lateral Entry to Dual Degree Programs - 2016)
Feb 02, 2016
Apr 11, 2016
Apr 17, 2016
May 08, 2016
IIIT-Lateral Entry to Dual Degree Programs 2016 - Exam Pattern
Exam Paper Type : Pen & Paper | Exam Duration : 3.0 Hr
|There is a one separate paper For Electronics and Communications Engineering (Objective Exam ) and one separate paper For Computer Science Specialization: -Section-I (Objective Exam)/Section-II (Descriptive Exam)||180 Minutes||-||-|
- B.E (or) B.Tech [Computer Science] or [Information Technology] Students must take Computer Science exams.
- B.E (or) B.Tech [Elctronics and Communications Engineering] Students must take Electronics and Communication Engineering exams.
- The exam is objective type.
- There are 2 Papers:-
- Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Computer Science(divided into 2 Sections)
Electronics and Communications Engineering:
- Objective Exam (180 minutes):
- General Aptitude
- Engineering Mathematics
- ECE Subjects: Above topics for descriptive + General Subject Knowledge.
- Digital Logic; Circuit Theory and Networks; Electronic Devices and Circuits.
- Objective Exam (120 minutes):
- General Aptitude
- Discrete Mathematics
- CS Subjects: Above topics for descriptive + General Subject Knowledge.
Descriptive Exam (60 minutes):
Digital Logic; Computer Organization; Programming; Data Structures.
Total Duration- 3 hours
Marking System –
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
IIIT-Lateral Entry to Dual Degree Programs Exam Prepartions FAQ
1) What is the eligiblity to get into Lateral Entry to Dual Degree Programs ?
- Student should be completing his/her 2nd year of B.E./B.Tech in CSE/IT by this July are eligible to apply for the CSD lateral entry programme.
- Student should be completing his/her 2nd year of B.E./B.Tech in ECE / ETE / EIE / EEE by this July are eligible to apply for the ECD lateral entry programme.
2) Which category of +2 can apply for CLD/EHD programme?
- Science with mathematics can apply
- Social sciences with mathematics (for example Economics with mathematics)
- Any arts (like dance, drama, music) with mathematics
In case there are large number of applicants short listed applicants will be called for written test and interview.
3) Is there a Lateral Entry to Dual Degree Program for ECE students?
Yes, there is. It has the same chracteristics as Lateral Entry to Dual Degree Program for ECE students in terms of requirements and objectives.
4) Is IIIT, Hyderabad participating in JEE (Main)?
International Institute of Information Technology,Hyderabad is not participating in CSAB counseling (JEE (Main)). IIIT, Hyderabad offers B.Tech. admissions through Institute portal using JEE(Main) Marks.
5) Are the diploma holders (lateral entry) eligible to get the admission direct in the 2nd year of the course? If yes what is the criteria.
Yes, criteria will be available on the University website in due course.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place