IPU CET M.Tech Exam Pattern
GuruGobind Singh Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test M.Tech. is written examinations conducted are OMR based in general unless specified otherwise.
- For marking / writing on the OMR answer sheet , a black ball pen should (only) be used.
- The medium of the tests will be English.
- The Exam contain Pattern as per the Syllabus of GATE with Specific Branch.
Total Duration:- 2:30 Hours
Total Questions:- 150
Total Marks:- 600
Each question shall carry four marks.
There will be negative marking for incorrect answer.
One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
How to prepare
As per the Syllabus of GATE Computer Science and Information Technology
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
1. The application forms shall be available in the online mode only from the University Website: http://ipu.ac.in.
2.The last date for applying shall not be extended for any programme or programme group for which a common entrance test is to be conducted by the University. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they posses the requisite eligibility and qualifications for admission. Appearing for the written examination does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility
3.The applicants are advised that since the form filling as well as admit cards shall be made available through the online mode only, they must keep the details of their login id and the password secure and safe.
4. Applicants should be careful in choosing the CETs that they apply for, as no change would be permissible after the application has been submitted. After the application for any CET is submitted, if there is mistake in date of birth, spelling mistake in name of applicants or the parents name or in the choice of category claimed for the purpose of availing reservation, the applicant must submit an application in physical form to: Reception, Examination Division, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi.
5.After this no request for any correction shall be entertained. A Separate Application Form has to be filled-in for each programme (s) having distinct CET Code. No separate intimation will be sent to the candidates regarding declaration of results and commencement of counselling/ admission.
6. Result will be declared on University Website (http://www.ipu.ac.in). Detailed schedule of first counselling/admissions will be notified prior to commencement of respective counselling, on the University Website (http://www.ipu.ac.in).
7. The schedule may be deferred if the sanctioned intake for the respective programme is not received by the University in time. The University will declare and display the ranks of only those candidates who are declared as qualified in the CET.
8. The candidates will be called for counselling/admission depending upon the number of seats available in each programme. The admissions will be made only out of these qualified candidates strictly in order of merit. The rank of candidates who do not qualify in CET will not be declared.
9. Applicants should retain a printout of the CET application form as proof of application. In all communication regarding submission of application or otherwise related to admissions, the copy of the application form must be submitted as otherwise the communication would be deemed incomplete and no processing would be performed on the communication, without any notice to the applicant.
10. There will be no rounding-off of the percentage of marks of qualifying examination while deciding the basic eligibility of any candidate for admission e.g. if a candidate obtained 49.99% marks in his/her qualifying examination, then it will not be rounded-off to 50%.
11. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they posses the requisite eligibility and qualifications for admission. Filling the application form and / or appearing for the written examination does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility.
12. The list of documents required shall be informed through the detailed counselling schedule as notified on the University website http://ipu.ac.in.
13. The candidates are advised to check their status with the help of the login id and password. Write the complete e-mail address and phone number in the form carefully. Please note that this e-mail address and phone number may be used by the University for future communication.