Feb 15, 2017
May 14, 2017
May 30, 2017
IPU CET (BCA) 2017 - Exam Pattern
Exam Paper Type : Pen & Paper | Exam Duration : 2.5 Hr
|English Language & Comprehension||25 Minutes||100||25|
|Computer Awareness||45 Minutes||180||45|
|General Knowledge- IT and Science Related||35 Minutes||140||35|
- Total Marks: 600
- Total Questions: 150
- Test Duration: 150 min
- Marking System:
- There is Each question shall carry four marks.
- One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
IPU CET (BCA) 2017 Syllabus
- Computer Basics
- Organization of Computer
- Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- Structure of instructions in CPU
- input / output devices
- Computer Memory
- Memory Organization,
- Back-up devices
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Jumble
- Sentence Improvement
- Subject Verb Agreement
- Sentence completion
- Word Usage
- Idioms and Pharses
- Cloze Test
- Migratory Words
- Phrasal Verbs
- Banking and Finance
- Institutions of India
- Defence & Space
- Indian Judiciary
- Awards & Honours
- Indian Constitution
- International Relations
- Science and Technology
- Who's who
- Indian Industries
- Indian Agriculture
- Current Affairs
- Data interpretations
- Data Sufficiency
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Time and Work
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Ratio and proportion
- Alligation and Mixture
- Circular Track & Upstream-downstream
- Compound interest
- Relative speed
- Simple Intrest
- Angles, lines
- Properties of Circles
- Area and Volume of 2D and 3D figures
- Quadratic equations
- Number System
- LCM and HCF
- Permutation and Combination
- Height and Distance
- Linear Equation
- Arithmatic and Geometric Prograssion
- Set Theory & Venn Diagram
- Geometry and Mensuration
- Properties of Quadrilaterals
- Properties of Triangles
IPU CET (BCA) Exam Prepartions FAQ
1) What are the eligibility criteria for appearing in IPU CET (BCA)?
- You should have passed 12th (CBSE) or an equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate with a pass in English (core or elective or functional) and Mathematics or Computer Science / Informatics Practice / Computer Applications.
- You should have completed a 3-year diploma in any branch of engineering from a polytechnic that is duly approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and is affiliated to a recognized examining body with a minimum of 50% marks.
2) Is there a rounding off of percentage of marks in qualifying marks?
There won’t be any rounding off. 49.99% will not be considered as 50%.
3) What is the paper pattern of IPU CET (BCA)?
- The GGSIPU-CET is not common for different courses.
- There is a separate entrance test on separate dates for each course. But the format of the question papers for all courses is more or less the same; they consist of multiple-choice objective-type questions (150 questions, 600 marks, 2.5 hours).
- The answers have to be marked on an OMR sheet.
- Every question is of equal weightage, with negative marking for wrong answers.
4) Who are eligible to be considered in Delhi Region?
If the student has passed the qualifying examination from Delhi, the admission is permissible under Delhi Region.
5) Who are eligible to be considered in Outside Delhi Region?
If the student has passed the qualifying examination from Outside Delhi, the admission is permissible under Outside Delhi Region.
6) I have a compartment/ supplementary/ER in my qualifying exam and the result of the same is still awaited. Am I eligible for admission?
The candidates, who have compartment/supplementary/E.R./Failed or they have applied for improvement of marks in any year duration of course/programme and result of the same has not been declared by the respective University/ Boards are eligible to take admission in any Course/Programme at this University .
7) What is the minimum marks should I get both in the 12th board examination and in entrance exam to avail a seat in IPU CET?
The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 50% marks in Senior secondary exam. He/she should have a required rank in the entrance test.
8) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
9) Will there be any negative marking?
Yes,there is negative marking.
10) When are the results of IPU CET (BCA) declared?
The results of IPU CET (BBA) are generally declared in the month of May.