ISI Admission Test (MS in Quality Management Science) Exam Pattern
The test is divided into two sessions
- Forenoon session and
- Afternoon session.
- Each session is for two hours. For:
- The Forenoon session question paper, the test code is QMA and
- The Afternoon session question paper, the test code is QMB.
- Candidates appearing for MS(QMS) should verify and ensure that they are answering the right question paper.
- The test QMA is multiple choice type. For each question, exactly one of the four choices is correct.
- You get four marks for each correct answer, one mark for each unanswered question, and zero marks for each incorrect answer.
- The test QMB is of short answer type.
- It has altogether 10 questions. A candidate has to answer any 8 questions.
Total marks - 40
Test duration- 2 Hours
Marking System – Each unanswered answer will carry 1 mark and zero marks for each incorrect answer, four marks for each correct answer.
|No. Of Subject||1|
|No. Of Unit||7|
|No. Of Chapter||29|
- Linear And Non-Linear First Order Odes
- Higher order linear equations
- Cauchy’s And Euler’s Equations
- Laplace transforms
- Partial Differential Equations - Laplace, heat and wave equations
- Matrices and determinants
- Systems of Linear Equations
- Eigen values and eigen vectors.
- Properties of Triangles
- Properties of Circles
- Properties of Quadrilaterals
- Arithmetic Progressions
- Geometric Progressions
- Trigonometric Ratios
- Applications of Trigonometry
- Trigonometric Identities
- Mean, Median, Mode
- Random Variables
- Poisson, Normal And Binomial Distributions
- Correlation And Regression Analysis
- Tests of significance, analysis of variance (ANOVA)
- Rational Numbers
- Irrational Numbers
- Theorem of Arithmetic
- Euclid’s Division Lemma
- Solution of nonlinear equations
- Numerical integration - trapezoidal and Simpson’s rule
- Numerical solutions of ODE
How to prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
Applicants are advised to study the prospectus carefully and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for admission to the course/fellowship for which they are applying. If at any stage it is found that a candidate does not satisfy the eligibility conditions or the information furnished in the application is incorrect, the application will be cancelled. Those who have completed or are due to complete the qualifying examinations for which results are not yet published may also apply for admission; if selected, their admission to a course or fellowship will be provisional pending the announcement of results. In such cases, however, their applications will be cancelled if the final examinations are not completed before 01 July 2016. This date may be relaxed by the Institute in the case of candidates with outstanding academic record and performance in the selection tests and interviews.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place